Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ParadisePWoffrd's EB
After selling my 4 seat rockwell buggy project, I picked up an EB that made its way across the mountain.

Im sure a few of you have seen this thing before, and maybe even worked on it...

Here is the build thread from when it came to NC:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62081

When I got it, it had been changed a little... mainly the 302 was pulled for a "fresh" 351W with a demon carb...

Some of the things that it needed asap were:
- a better cooling system... cant keep it under 250 to save ur life
- fix rear driveshaft & axle... apparently along the way the rear spring perches werent welded on completely, and then after being wheeled some, the whole axle rotated and tore out the driveshaft

Some other plans I have for it...
Short term:
- swap propane on & get rid of carb.......... Done, still need to make a permenant mount & basket
- bigger & better tires
- beadlocks...... have them, just need to mount them
[COLOR="Gray"]- winch................ Done
- front locker...............Done[/COLOR]
- regear axles
Longer term:
- rear discs
- link the rear (4 link or 1 link)
- redo front suspension (extended radius arms or 3/4 link)
- add some tubing and do some sheetmetal work

Mainly I want to work out a few bugs and wheel it... I havent had a good rig in a while and really miss being on the trails... plus i wouldnt mind having something to run a few ECORS races in, if I decide

I dont have any pics from when I got it... I will update when I can take some pics
To bring you upto the current...

- I picked up a set of new 36 TSLs on steel wheels, and put them on..
- Ive gotten the rearend welded back in place, just need to put in the rear shaft
- put in a 3core alum radiator, with stock fan & spacer, and new rad cap & stat... think I have the cooling issue solved
- picked up a lockright for the front, just need to put it in
- put the propane on

[Image: 6113fb0f-b04d-9a5b.jpg]
[Image: 6113fb0f-b06b-b1f0.jpg]
[Image: 6113fb0f-b0da-3649.jpg]
Added some tube...
[Image: aefcb7ad-a66d-7ba4.jpg][Image: aefcb7ad-a67e-71f3.jpg]

[Image: aefcb7ad-a6aa-e6d1.jpg][Image: aefcb7ad-a6c3-668d.jpg][Image: aefcb7ad-a6d1-9d6e.jpg]

and picked up a few goodies...

[Image: 61529f4a-bb00-2ee3.jpg]
[Image: 61529f4a-bb13-789e.jpg]
holy cut the quarters batman!! you're doing a good bit of work. looks good. any plans to head down to the gulches with us??? sounds like something is brewing.
hell yeah, that looks awesome!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
well as you can see in one picture, the quarters were basically rust covered with half inch of dough... after i trimmed them some for travel and a tree got ahold of one side they just needed to come off... plus i am linking the rear at the moment...

more tube and sheet metal will be added once i get the rear in place... and i am going to try to make it look like there are quarters still there...
i have been trying to get down to the gulches for a few months now... there are a number of people going Presidents Day weekend... if I can get the rear wrapped up I might try to ride down...
nice rig. hope to see you out at the gulches.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
i know that bronco. i picked it up late one night from gubni in tenn. it was the nc4x4 rock racer that was built and given away by raffle. i volunteered to pick it up and deliver it to the builder to help out the cause.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
how is the progress coming? gulches trip is coming up this weekend, conditions permitting. if not this one, hopefully we can see it in action soon.