Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
351 issues
I am having some isses with my 351. I recently changed plugs wires and cap on her and she wont crank unless the throttle is down all the way. so i changed fuel filter and no results. The number 7 wire keeps working its way off the plug as well. I have checked and rechecked all the wires to make sure they are all where they are supposed to be. I am not sure what else to check or even look at. Before i changed tue plugs and wires she ran fine when i drove it home from a friends do to a flat tire. 3 days later is when she was acting up and i discovered the wire came off. I figured good time to change them all. Thats where i am at now. it is beach season and i have no rig to show off. i will gladly check all suggestions i can for as i live in an apartment and wrenching is limited thanx.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm GUMBY DAM**T!!
do you have fuel pressure at fuel rail before injectors? I'm still questioning if you are getting enough fuel
if you do have only "some" fuel at the rail (testing at the schrader valve), pull the vac line off pressure regulator (FPR) (near top of intake on drivers side)... See if the vac line smells like fuel. If so, replace FPR...
Update: I put gumby in the shop to get the headers put on since i live in an apartment my wrenching is limited. So far they have gotten 1 yes 1 side done. Been in there for 3 weeks now. I was having isues with it cranking as well. Asked if they had tried to start it yet. The answer was no. That was really the main reason i put her in there. Been told every week it would be done by the end of each week. It is getting on my nerves that they havent given me much info. It is beach season and I have no rig to show off yet. Ready to get her back and pull little guys out and to here those headers roar and hopefully have her back the way she was before all the issues.
I'm GUMBY DAM**T!!
Who did you take it to!
Got her back home last week...still not running. They said ignition switch is bad and even tho i asked them to get her running again after headers were installed, decided to do it myself. Hopefully not to much of a pain to change out. After that is done it is off to the exhaust shop for new pipes. Suggestions on what i should go with? True duals? Split after muffler? Also suggestions on a new cat. Ready to get her going and hopefully make URE this fall.
I'm GUMBY DAM**T!!
if you got plenty of room and money...go with duals but turn the tips out on the sides...not straight back.if ya need cats, try some flow threw cats from summit.

sucks bout the shop screwing you over...if ya dont mind me asking, what did they charge for such a long time??
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Better be ZERO. I'd have burned their shop to the ground!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
$318. Thought they would hook me up but instead bent me over
I'm GUMBY DAM**T!!
Any updates Tony?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stainless/ Coated Headers needed- 1995 Bronco 351 Windsor .20 over trick flow heads jrshepherd 1 3,069 05-22-2018, 09:38 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  New Wiring for a 351 knoxville714 10 5,875 02-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: tcb3078
  '94 351 Rear Main replacement JayT 5 1,436 12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Last Post: JayT
  motor issues please help!! bigredbronco 9 1,734 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: bigredbronco
  Power Steering issues Crawdad 31 4,847 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Crawdad
  Spark Plug gaps for a 351 Windsor Crawdad 5 4,429 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Crawdad
  Wheel hop issues JustJeff 2 1,582 01-25-2010, 01:53 AM