Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEB Fawl Crawl Harlan, KY Oct. 12-13, 2012
From the Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos site

http://www.earlybroncos.com

This year's Fawl Crawl will once again be held at the Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park Located in Harlan, KY.

October 12-13, 2012

The Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park is located in Harlan County, which can be found where US Highway 119 and US Highway 421 meet in southeastern Kentucky. The park is located approximately 8 miles east of the City of Harlan on the Black Mountain Range, which runs between US Highway 119 and Kentucky Highway 38.

Officially opened June 4, 2005, Black Mountain Recreational Park receives hundreds of riders each month from all over the eastern U.S. who come to take in the beauty and take on the challenge of the rugged Appalachian Mountains.

■Open all day, all year-round

■Over 6,000 Acres of Mountainous Terrain

■Elevations up to 3,300 feet high

■Over 200 Miles of Marked and Rated Trails
■Beginner, Intermediate and Extreme ATV Trails

■Levels 1 through 5 4x4 Trails and Obstacles

■Two Convenient Trail-heads

■Primitive campsites

New: Trail Use Fees will be in affect. http://www.harlancountytrails.com/ for more information about the fees)

Yearly-Single Permit: $35
Yearly Multi-Vehicle Permit: $40
Yearly Family Permit: $35.00. The second vehicle would cost $30.00 and each additional would cost $20.00 per vehicle.
31-Day Permit: $20
31-Day Multi-Vehicle Permit: $25.00

Minutes from rental cabins, RV Hookups and other amenities

Black Mountain Recreational Park has been featured in dozens of magazines and publications including ATV Rider Magazine, ATV Illustrated Magazine, Honda Red Rider Magazine, 4x4 Builder Magazine and many more.

This year the Event HQ will be at Harlan County Campground (HCC) and RV Park -

http://www.harlancountycampground.com/ Please contact HCC directly for your reservations.

Because of the new fee system, MEB will not be asking for donations for trail maintenance as we have in the past.

STOCKER FRIENDLY TRAILS, TOO! The Putney trailhead, and the Black Moutain Park, is located adjacent to state/national parklands with miles of very scenic gravel or dirt roads. If you have a stock or mildly modified vehicle this is an ideal place to come do some mild wheeling and scenic driving in the KY mountains.

We'll be staging the trail rides out of the Putney Trailhead / Harlan County Campground. Trail rides both days will line up about 8:00-8:30 a.m. and ready to leave at 9:00 a.m.. Come join us if you can! This is a low-key event where we try to get in as much wheeling in 2 days as we can!

Hope to see you there!

Gary Gibson
MEB Events Coordinator
'73 Bronco - trail modified
thanks nick, i published this to the articles in "upcoming events"
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Whose going? I'll be there hopefully by lunch on Friday. Leaving early Friday morning but I'm sure I'll make the normal stops on the way up like WalMart and Napa. When do you plan on getting there Nick? I'm sure the group will be out riding when we get there so we'll head up the mountain and see if we can find everyone.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I may go up Wed. evening and just hang out Thursday and enjoy the alone time. If not Wed., then will go up Thursday morning to get there around lunch time. We should be on the trails hopefully all day Friday, I don't think we have any real trail plans laid out.
I'm going with a couple non EB truggie friends. We are staying in the cabins at Evarts. Hope to see u there

JT
I have lots of spare parts. Is there going to be a swap meet? I also have some drive train spares I will be bringing if anyone breaks.

JT
Nick H should be able to tell you if there will be an opportunity to do some parts selling. I've never gone but it sounds kinda low key. How's the Bronco running? We will be doing some trail riding this saturday (the 6th) at URE if you want to come out.
I've been to a couple I these and I've never seen an organized swap meet. I will bring a few boxes just in case. As far as the bronco goes, it is running great. Getting ready to install a wild horses output shaft, and do a minor rebuild to the front driveshaft. Otherwise, doing great. I hope to bring my boys to URE that weekend too.
JT
no official swap meet. Some will post parts they have for sale and bring them if someone is interested. Usually post on ClassicBroncos since it receives more views.

Nick
What a great wheeling trip! Not a lot of broncos, but we hit a lot of trails and had a blast. The orange bronco performed better than expected and crawled everything I pointed it at. I was rough on it to say the least and no breakage that I know of yet.

Let the pics begin!

Attached Files Image(s)

'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harlan trip during flood scbronco 1 1,616 10-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  Raush creek 2012 snipes243 4 4,854 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  URE Oct 6? broncosbybart 15 3,815 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Last Post: nhopman
  6th Annual North GA Meet & Greet Sept. 15th 2012 NGABronco 1 1,838 08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Last Post: BucknEB
  Gore VA, MEB Roundup Bronco Biff 1 3,082 06-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  MEB At URE - May 19, 2012 nhopman 18 5,742 05-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Last Post: UTFLIWGYA
  Going to URE Sat. May 5 2012 nhopman 7 2,822 05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  ECORS race 1- March 17 2012 broncosbybart 24 6,074 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Last Post: scbronco
  ANNUAL 4X4-ATV RALLY APRIL 7-2012 near myrtle beach sc larryray 0 2,768 03-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: larryray
  ANNUAL 4X4-ATV RALLY APRIL 7-2012 near myrtle beach sc larryray 0 2,010 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Last Post: larryray