Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hillbilly hurse
Well Crawdad told me I should start a build thread. So let me give you the run down.

1980 fsb
Unknown miles odometer is broke and numbers missing. Po did tell me the engine has been rebuilt. Stock rebuilt 302 through automatic trans.

I have sense replaced trans filter and filled with amsoil trans fluid. And transfer case has beem resealed with fresh amsoil also

When I got her home. I added the windshield sticker

[Image: yqadame2.jpg]
[Image: e8ebatyb.jpg]

Scored these from a friend brand new in the package for $20 he wrecked the truck before he could put them on his.

[Image: mupe6utu.jpg]

Started replacing body parts that where bad. So got some 95 doors and the local pull it yourself yard had my fenders for me. Still have to put the driver side on.

[Image: ugeguqy3.jpg]

Also sold the other rims. I loved them and they shined real nice when cleaned up. But the tires I got to drive on the street while I fixed it up enough to handle off road where to goofy looking so I traded some stuff foe the 95 style rims that are in perfext shape.

My dad helped build an oveehead console.

[Image: puze6y2e.jpg]
[Image: nu2ebu7a.jpg]

And a rear cargo cover that can support my weight (210ish lbs) its supported by aluminum and I incorporated arm rests for my passengers.

[Image: 5unytuba.jpg]
[Image: jypenydu.jpg]
[Image: 3ugebe9e.jpg]

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away
Is that a tank?....NO...its worse....Its my Bronco
Just picked this up yesterday from the pull yard. But I had it pulled for me. $75 out the door as Is all I had to do was bring the trailer

[Image: y8yve6y8.jpg]
[Image: a7u9yvus.jpg]

Hub to hub with steering and radius arms and diff yoke. 78/79 d44 straight.

So if anyone has some 78/79 front parts laying around let me know I want 6" springs, radius arms, etc. I'd like to get 8" overall lift.

I know with all this extra lift and tires I am gunna need more power. So by the end of next year it will have either a 351w with heads intake carb and long tubes or I'm looking into a diesel swap. I really want to do the diesel swap.

Well look who is on here! FSB are fairly abundant, at least from what I have seen. You should have no problems finding parts. Keep posting pics, we live off of them!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Good start and a great score on that front axle!

The diesel swap would be really cool. I've seen a few. From what I've been told, it is pretty easy if you can find a complete donor truck.
That's what I've read. I dont really want the 4bt. I wanna stay with a ford motor and have the option to really build the heck out of it if I wanted to. From what I've read even the maxed 4bt motors aren't much more powerful than the stock 6bt. But I could be wrong. If I do diesel it will be a 7.3

Awesome start, I can tell you from experience the 6bt is as stout as it gets. Mine made 300 hp/ 740 tq to the rear tires! And that was just a fuel plate and 3k gov springs. And it got 21mpg in town. That 6k lb duallie out ran mustang gt's lol. If u want diesel, go cummins

Sent using my HTC ONE via Tapatalk
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Looks like a fun project, keep the pics coming.
Sparkchaser has a 78 for sale. Mostly parts and in NC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks guys and ill hit him up. I would like to do the cummins swap but the powerstroke stuff from 95 bodystyles are pretty much a direct swap. No need to cut or modify the cross member and such. It will be alittle while before I get to the motor but a diesel is definitely on my list. If I can afford it at the time haha