Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission Impossible
I don't want too much out of my little '66. Just a daily driver/hunting/fishing/camping/light wheeling truck for me and my family. Oh, and I need it to be as clean burning as a '66 can be (resource management matters to me). Also I have to have it drive-able before my daughter starts driving (so she can inherit my Escape), so I'm on a timeline. Also a tight budget. So, yeah...no problem Confusedupergrin:

I started with a bucket of rust for $800. Not too shabby, even though it IS essentially rust flavored Swiss cheese (as demonstrated by this Fred Flintstone 'Upgrade'
[Image: IMG_0082_zps81fb0fae.jpg]

Not to worry. It passed inspection IN 1994!
[Image: IMG_0083_zps9cbb0c79.jpg]

It doesn't look too bad from a distance. The bondo is holding the rust together rather nicely. On a side note - who in the heck paints their top black? Not a good idea in the south, unless you want to roast to death. Side side note - my wife and I agree that the Holly Green is a great color. She likes the black top with it :banghead:
[Image: IMG_0080_zps21299e1f.jpg]

I am most likely going to keep the 170 I-6. I just love an I-6, and the guys over on the inline six forums are doing some pretty awesome stuff. This one "ran fine when parked" (six years ago...)
[Image: IMG_0084_zpsb9c72180.jpg]

This is NOT an abandoned vehicle (any more). PO's sticker, not mine. But still appropriate.
[Image: IMG_0081_zps350fc93c.jpg]

Fortunately I have a support staff to help me in my endeavor. Here my Bronco Mechanic in Training demonstrates proper come-along technique. What he lacks in experience he makes up for with enthusiasm.
[Image: IMG_0078_zps62ccc0aa.jpg]
Sweet. Can't wait to hear more on your progress.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VIN# makes it a 1985, the engine block# is an 1989, and the front end is from a 1987. I call it Broncenstein. [Image: bronco.gif]
Lots of work ahead of ya. Better begin bracing now if the doors open and close good. Don't want to loose those dimensions. A good set of new body mounts will go a long way as well.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Nick should be coming by soon to help me square it up. It's coming off the frame so it's definitely getting new mounts :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well, one thing i have some experience at is straightening out a bronco! LOL by the pics, it seems yours is a bit more bronco shaped than mine was when i got it. it does take some cash for new sheet metal in some cases, but in others we can repair what is there... as for the I6, i say good on ya for keeping it!

Step one: Removal of superfluous broncage... Yank that rubber mat outta there! its trapping water and worsening an already terminal case of body cancer. pull everything else outta the interior while your at it.

Step two: Bracing... I'll bring by some angle iron this saturday to get started on that.

Step three: Organization... If you can, pick up a cheap shelving unit from Horbor Fieght or Rochester's here in town, some milk crates/cardboard boxes, and a box of ziploc bags in every size.

We will have that thing on the road by summer! LOL

Seriously bud, don't be shy about help, i'm just up the road, i'll be glad to come lend a hand... we'll get ya driving soon.
My Build Thread-
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/sh...php?t=3919

You're gonna have to be more specific... 11/12/11
scbronco Wrote:well, one thing i have some experience at is straightening out a bronco! LOL by the pics, it seems yours is a bit more bronco shaped than mine was when i got it. it does take some cash for new sheet metal in some cases, but in others we can repair what is there... as for the I6, i say good on ya for keeping it!

Step one: Removal of superfluous broncage... Yank that rubber mat outta there! its trapping water and worsening an already terminal case of body cancer. pull everything else outta the interior while your at it.

Step two: Bracing... I'll bring by some angle iron this saturday to get started on that.

Step three: Organization... If you can, pick up a cheap shelving unit from Horbor Fieght or Rochester's here in town, some milk crates/cardboard boxes, and a box of ziploc bags in every size.

We will have that thing on the road by summer! LOL

Seriously bud, don't be shy about help, i'm just up the road, i'll be glad to come lend a hand... we'll get ya driving soon.

step 1 - was done the day I got her home (just after the pictures were taken)

Step 2 - I have some angle iron, too. We'll brace the tar out of it!

Step 3 - I may have to make the kids start sharing a room so i have a place for parts :headslap:
You gotta big red barn! You cant hide resources!
My Build Thread-
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/sh...php?t=3919

You're gonna have to be more specific... 11/12/11
Busted, dangit! Yep. I have a little green roofed barn as well, but that one is full of my snakes, garden tools, and chicken feed. I'll probably add some storage to that near wall so I can toss stuff in through the window:xyxthumbs:
Hey guys any updates? Get any work done?
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Nick came by and looked at it (and showed his bronco off while he was at it). Haven't done much else with it since I've been having to clear pasture for my daughters NEW horse Undecided. I did get some miscellaneous parts for the bronco for Christmas though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk