Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
73 Bronco
Ok I got the first load of parts and 1st chasis home Saturday. If your wondering there are 2 chasis and parts of 3 bodies in the package I bought got the first load unloaded and started tinkering and found out fast there was some basic tools I didn't have all I needed of. I knew there would be tools I didn't have just figured I was mostly safe on the basic stuff.

Went to the local flea market on Sunday and found both the wrenches i needed. When i got home got the tie rods off that the po had already taken halfway off. Then went to work on the front bumper some mamoth thing someone along the way built them selves and got it off.

Then today monday I got antsy and went out and started moving the thing by myself then the wife came out and helped me get it into posistion and got the body witch was already loose off and onto some sawhorses I had laying around. After that got it into the basement, as I have one of those basements where it has a garage door and you can have full access too it. Well got it in and started ripping things off like springs and shocks, finally got everything loose so I could pull the front end off and pulled it off and pushed it aside. This particular chasis doesn't have an engine in it only trans and transfer case and that is next. Once those are out I can pull the rear end and push the frame outside. I plan on using the front end from this frame as it has disc brakes. Probably will use the other frame if it is good as it is the one with a title and glove box that matches since they came from TN. Hopefully I can have everything disasembled by the end of the week as the 2nd I am going to pick the next load of parts and chasis up in tri cities area.

William
Ok got the rear end out and frame is sitting on jack stands got a few random bolts I need to get some PB blaster for. So down to the trans and transfer case. If anyone in the area or swinging through the area has a trans jack and wants to help I could appreciate it or if you don't and got time maybe a couple of us with a regular jack can get it out by ballancing it some how. I hope that the floor pans go at least 1/4 as fast as tear down has gone, if so I will be a happy camper and can get this thing going faster then the money can come in. Only good news is since I am in school for a technical program any tools I need I can get the good brands like Snap On, Matco or Mac at a discounted price, so that should allow me to get the high or higher quality stuff instead of the cheaper stuff.
Sounds like a great start man! I need to come up really soon and help you out. I did, however, just get all my parts in so I'll be insanely busy during the next two weeks.
Come on down all the tools are laid out ready to work and jack stands will be free once trans and transfer case are out. Although next Wednesday I go to pick up the next load of parts and other chasis so will be back at square one soon lol.
Haha I hear ya. I'll be up over that way as soon as I get my power steering, power brakes, and disc brakes in.
Ok got the trans and transfer case out but those bolts holding the radius support arms to the front axle and the rear bolt for the leaf springs on both sides in the back are a pain. Picked up some PB blaster and soaked em. Once those are out I can put the frame outside and sit back and wait till next week when I bring the next load home. Will add some more pics of the frame and front end and rear end so everyone can see them. Trans will be sitting on the middle of the floor in the middle of the frame. This chasis didn't have an engine but the next one does.
Sounds like a great start! I'm in the same boat as you. Do all you frames have titles? I'd pick the best one with the vin stamp that is in best shape. The glovebox vin is simple to get in a Marti report. What years do you have? Some years have better parts than others. Are you pretty far from Durham? I will be making my way up there hopefully soon.
Matt
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
I am the opposite direction of durham I am on I40 or up 321 from Charlotte. I have a 73 mostly complete I will be picking up next week top is in great shape. The other one is a mix a 74 body, 76 frame axles, trans and transfer case. The 76 doesn't have a title and one of the shock supports in the back has been ripped off literally. The 73 has a title I am gonna use it because it has title and glove box with vin. I even have a 3rd tub but it is more parts then tub as it is the bed with all the fender wells and floor pan, the seat platform, floor pan with tunnel and the dash but without the glove box. But unfortanetly only one top and only one front clip and of course only one title.
The 76 has some great factory upgrades such as disc brakes and PS, the steering box is a four turn box and height sought after. Take a wire wheel and go over the vin to make sure it matches, I've made that mistake.
I'm in the market for some good doors, windshield and seats. I should have done what you did and buy three broncos but my wife would have kicked me outside with the dog. I hope to be coming up to Durham to pick up a top in the coming weeks. BroncosbyBart is just east of Charlotte, he's a big help when I need it. Get some pics up!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Just saw your pictures in your gallery. It looks like a good start! You'll get your fair share of sheet metal work, but at least it is very repairable.

Post pics here in your build thread as you go along. Sounds like you'll have plenty of parts to work with, though you'll be surprised at how much you'll spend on it over the course of the build. You might not want to keep receipts...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bronco Camo Wraps circlefire 7 2,785 03-27-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: circlefire
  68 Bronco wepuckett 126 25,858 04-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  That storage locker Bronco 66Roadster 53 10,711 01-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: jdowns67
  Wheels and Tires. Stock 1996 Bronco 5.8L 4wd or w/ 2" lift and poly body mounts. jrshepherd 2 2,084 05-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Wickedlester
  1969 Bronco Build jtoney51 9 3,447 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Last Post: jtoney51
  66 Bronco rebuild Casey835 56 11,226 06-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Last Post: jollygrngiant
  '77 Bronco 4bt Conversion High Pressure 74 35,435 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  my bronco build 66bronco 65 14,677 04-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bigjake79
  Just getting started 74 Bronco N747JB 7 2,432 10-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Last Post: N747JB
  BC Bronco shorty header install with 2-in-2 exhaust Crawdad 14 5,550 01-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Crawdad