Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power steering box
Looking for a power steering box, Lets just say mine has issues.
68 Half cab
What is going on with it?
sector shaft supposly was bent, a tooth broke out of something. The tooth floated around the box and gauged up the case. The pump valve got messed up to. So it could be honed out but, wouldn't produced any pressure. If they had a usable case, they would have moved the good parts over and replaced the broke and shipped it off for me.
68 Half cab
I have one, but it comes with a lot of other stuff, like body, engine, trans, tires, seats and stuff $12.5K
I can do $1250 do we have a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
68 Half cab
Did they say why or when this happened? I would think it was in good shape when you got it back but it sounds suspect.
Naw, gonna have to throw in the lockers and stuff 12.5K
That's the problem with doing a rebuild. I bet they only replaced seals etc and had no reason to inspect for a bent shaft.

Let me call some folks in Tampa about a bronco or scout box. Have you considered doing a 4X4X2 build? Here is a good article.

http://www.wcb4x4.com/tech/diyrockcrawler.shtml

Is wtor refunding your $$$?

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
They allegedly replaced the sector shaft during the rebuild. Don't see how it could have bent at URE. I know the bottom wasn't bent, as we had to remove the pitman arm to index it.
They did replace the sector shaft due to tooth being broke on the first rebuild. Im starting to think there was gouging in the case from the first broke tooth. I think they thought it wouldn't be a issue and rebuild and tapped and sent it on. Which I think was part of the reason it imploded. since it was ure I was on the rocky mountain loop side of ****ey bell. I havent directly talked about getting my money back but, they mentioned they would. Moving forward I think I will put my nissian box in the truck for the time being till I get a new bronco box.
Chuzie as for the 4x4x2 box, Im still not convinced that box is any more stronger, to justify the need to modify the frame and everything else. But I have a lead one of those boxes, and a stock box.
68 Half cab

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flaming River FR20005 Steering Column- $300 shipped broncosbybart 2 820 09-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  77 auto steering column (2 columns) blazinchuck 3 2,864 08-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  77 auto steering column blazinchuck 0 1,173 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck