Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Thoughts on these Axles?
http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/c...bronco-new

Any thoughts on these axles? seems the prices are all over the board at other suppliers.
Prices probably vary with the warranty offered. I would recommend whatever has the best warranty.
Those are the axles I run in my front end. I only use a powerlok posi front so they are overkill to me. I'm more likely to brake the joint than I am to brake the shaft. A good time to upgrade to full clips on the ujoint too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just ordered a set of them from Toms. 370 bucks with shipping and a set of full circle clips. Maybe the first I will order a detroit power locker for the rear.
with the 4sp, detroit aint too fun...lots of popping and jerking in the corners and turns.http://www.quickperformance.com/Ford-9-E..._7996.html <<(is better option)however, thats for a 31 spline. which, if your are installing a rear locker-do yourself a favor and get 31 spline chromo shafts-you will break the stock ones-sucks way worse than breaking a front, cuz then you cant drive home
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
[Image: e9717df43c6da3074e05f6d4bf408fec.jpg][Image: 7064918edca2b19959ecc6d205480d3f.jpg] Got around to installing the new Twin Sticks today. These are pics of the repaired one which had broke again already. I ground a groove to aid penetration in the new one and welded it up before installing.

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Maybe they have an opening for a lead product developer up there.

I'd vote for a Detroit in the back as I don't think you'll be driving this one on the street a lot. 31 spline axles would make nice friends too.
broncosbybart Wrote:Maybe they have an opening for a lead product developer up there.

I'd vote for a Detroit in the back as I don't think you'll be driving this one on the street a lot. 31 spline axles would make nice friends too.

I vote Detroit with a black spring. drives nice on the road
68 Half cab
Dont make the same mistake all of us have made in the past. Suck it up and get 31sp chromos and a decent locker. Do it once and do it right and you will save a ton of money in the long run.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
The front Chromolys should be here Monday. Hopefully I will have made up my mind on which/what to do to the rear by then also. Will definitely be going to 31 spline Chromoly back there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bent Axles jdowns67 19 5,556 11-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Last Post: jdowns67
  Who can CUT and RE-SPLINE axles??? chuzie 11 5,997 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Last Post: SC74
  Reinstalling rear axles - help please! jkransbottom 26 4,290 06-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Badass
  Chromolly axles cuz1 0 725 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Last Post: cuz1