Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hood Scoop
So if you've seen the pictures of my truck, the air filter sticks out about an inch and a half and I don't have the $ for a new hood, wondering if I could use one of the steel scoops from the graveyard and put it on backwards to act as a small cowl, trying to have some sort of temporary protection from the rain. Not sure what the dimensions are for the scoop and if anyone has one, if they like it or not. thanks guys
Could you put on a drop base for your air cleaner?
68 Half cab
Take a look at my build thread, the last pics I put you can see a fiberglass hood scoop from Jeffs on there. Its facing backward and there is a hole cut in th
hood for air flow. The air filter base is mounted to a sheet of 1/8" aluminum. Foam about 2 inches thick on the edge of the sheet makes the hood seal around
the air filter housing. The steel one is a new peice, you will have to measure the hole size you need to cut and see if the scoop is wide enough.

Or you can try and find a drop base for the air cleaner, this can be done with a thinner air filter. I felt it restricted my engine too much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hood shocks Timstrk 1 3,166 04-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  Lil Red Riding Hood Build Broncitis 11 6,350 03-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Hood side bumpers chuzie 8 1,477 10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Last Post: chuzie
  Need advise on cutting a hood cuz1 5 2,498 06-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Last Post: 744x4