The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
rear axle shims? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: rear axle shims? (/thread-2561.html)

Pages: 1 2

rear axle shims? - berg bronco - 01-03-2011

are they neccessary? i had a local mechanic tell me that i need them! i have a 3.5 inch lift with 11 pack leaf springs with no blocks. if they are needed what degree shim would be the best?

rear axle shims? - blazinchuck - 01-03-2011

well, most nice leafs will have that built in. it is necessary-because you have to keep the pinion at the right angle to the transfer case. usually about 1-2 degrees under inline with the driveshaft. with all this said...you might have to install the leafs first then,check how much of a degree shime you will need. I didnt have to run any with my BCBronco 11 leafs,HTH

rear axle shims? - berg bronco - 01-03-2011

i have wild horses 11pack with the 3.5 lift built in. theve been on the truck for 6 months and i havent had any trouble. how do i check the the angle?

rear axle shims? - Timstrk - 01-03-2011

The driveshaft and the pinion shaft should be in a straigh line. If not the u-joint wil accelerate in part of its rotation and decel on another part. It will wear the joint out doing this. Closer to straight is better. Actually straight is best. Use a tubing bender mag base angle finder. Put it on the top of your drive shaft and then on top of the pinion guard. The two should have the same deflection off "0" or be at the same angle from 90 degrees.

Tim

rear axle shims? - Crawdad - 01-03-2011

I bought a 4" rear lift from JBG (either 5 or 6 pack) and I asked them if I needed shims and they said they do not run shims on their lifts of that size. I still think I need shims.

rear axle shims? - broncosbybart - 01-03-2011

I hadn't needed to run shims on any of the 10 or 11 pack springs that I've installed. Can you post pics of what it looks like?

rear axle shims? - chuzie - 01-04-2011

The beauty of a 4-link is being abe to dial in the pinion angle. Smile

rear axle shims? - berg bronco - 01-04-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:I hadn't needed to run shims on any of the 10 or 11 pack springs that I've installed. Can you post pics of what it looks like?

ya ill get some in the a.m.

chuzie Wrote:The beauty of a 4-link is being abe to dial in the pinion angle. Smile

bieng you and Chuck are so good at the install you guys can come install the 4link for me!:xyxthumbs: perfect getaway to the mountians.

[Image: DSC_3921640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3920640x480.jpg]
heres a few pics