The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - shon - 09-02-2014

yep glass . Turns out the guy I got the quarters from contacted the guy with the 1/2 doors before me. But still a good trip. Got em to the house here in Cali just waiting on me to drive back east....

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-02-2014

Some actual work today. Finally received my replacement spindle. Unfortunately the moron at the junkyard in MN that removed it thought it would be a good idea to use a chisel and hammer to separate the spindle from the knuckle so I spent a little time removing a few high spots from the mating surface and cleaning it up. Replaced the bearing and good to go. Gotta take the Bronco back to Firestone in the morning and see how bad my alignment numbers are going to be since we aligned it on a bent spindle last month. More to come on that.

Also found my driver turn restriction bolt was stripped in the knuckle and has been allowing my tires to rub the shocks. Turns out the knucle is tripped so I am either going to have to tap it to a larger bolt or use a helicoil. Only problem with a larger bolt is the head diameter interfering with the knuckle during installation. Tomorrow will be interesting as I search for either a grade-8 allen head 3/8 fine thread bolt or a fine thread helicoil. Oh brother!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 09-02-2014

Too bad you didn't know someone that had a CNC machine handy close by they could just cut you one out.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 09-02-2014

Go on base and talk with a metals tech guy. They usually have loaner kits you can sign out. If you don't already know helicoils have a special tap. Heck just take the whole spindle to them and have them do it for ya. I'd tap it the next size up and Loctite it.

Give it to me before this weekend and I can get it done for ya.

Good suggestions. I may do that. Ur still down here? Figured you already went back to SC. We should grab a beer.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with T2.

chuzie Wrote:Good suggestions. I may do that. Ur still down here? Figured you already went back to SC. We should grab a beer.

Sorry Chuz, I've been back home since Sunday afternoon. My mom made it a point that I spend time with my grandfather since he just turned 89. She wanted me to take time off from broncos. Guess she thinks ur a bad influence! But one day I will take you up on that beer!

But do chk out the fab shop down there. Show them ur beast!

I don't think it would go over too well if I walked in there and told them I want to show them my "beast". :p

We have race car builders, bikers and resto modders come in once or twice a year asking for a lil help. They are typically people from the base that try to be garage warriors. It's funny when they come in with a stretched out helicoil and ask "wut is dis?"

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-03-2014

Well the alignment numbers from the bent spindle swap were surprising. My camber only changed +0.3deg and caster was unchanged. Gonna add 0.25deg to opposite side in an attempt to match and eliminate cross camber without affecting caster. More to come tomorrow. Part on order for tomorrow morning.

Fixed my front steering limiter. It's not pretty, but when it comes down to choosing between form and function, function wins every time.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-04-2014

Replaced leaking water heater. Lots of fun.

Removed 0.5deg sleeve and installed 1.0deg sleeve on driver side. Appointment for 8am tomorrow @ Firestone. I hope my math is right!