The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Timstrk - 09-09-2014

I replaced my front marker light lenses. Trail ready now, kids!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - rtj731 - 09-09-2014

Got home, walked out to garage looked in and called it quits for the day.
Do I have a long,long list prior to NOV. Just not going to be home much.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-09-2014

Jay, you need a few of us to do a mini-wrenching day at your place?

Been working like a madman. Getting Chipper ready for a weekend excursion up to Asheville for the fall cruise on the 20th.

Here is a progress report:

- got the glove box opening cut into the dash and attached the cut out section from an original dash into place.

- got a new compliment of Autometer ultralight gauges and fit them into place.

- cleaned up a ton of wiring on the back side of the dash panel adn wired up the new gauges.

- installed a new Summit racing heater box and ductwork. After a lot of looking and planning, I realized a stock heater box just wouldn't fit. This one should work very well and the fan blows a lot of air. I didn't fab up any kind of selector. One outlet just goes to the cab, the other is ducted to the windshield

Drilling stainless is not much fun!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-10-2014

Spent the morning at LKQ. Snagged a 2-speed volvo fan relay, a dual temp switch from a VW Passat and a fan from a 94 Cougar plus a spare motor.

Unfortunately, I was a bit off when I eyeballed my radiator clearance and the fan wont fit.

Gotta find a fan from a 95ish T-bird SC.

Looking forward to putting my pain in the ass mechanical fan and shroud back on. Sad

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with T2.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - rtj731 - 09-10-2014

Bart, yes, yes and yes to a mini workshop day at my place. Not Bronco related, but had the wife's MB headlight bulb replaced, asked the Tech, why am I having to replaced bulbs all the time (they do it for free) he stated " cuz the bulbs are made in USA and the electrical system designed in Germany 12 volt bulb verses 13.2 electrical system") Replaced wiper blades, topped off fuel tank, headed down to sunny Florida in the AM for a couple of weeks. Rather stay home but I don't own my life.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-10-2014

Where in Florida are you headed?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - rtj731 - 09-10-2014

Fort Walton, Son in Law is a JTAC. Granddaughters first Birthday this weekend. Fun in the sun and looks like rain. They live in Niceville right on the ramp for the toll bridge to San Destin

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-10-2014

Jay, just say when and we can plan around that. I don't mind going out there to lend a hand. Have fun in FL.

Got some more work on on Chipper.

-New Tom's center console is now bolted in place.

-Replaced all wheel bearings, seals, locking hubs (swapped some crappy Warns for OE Ford hubs), spindle bearings, brake pads, etc.

-Bolted the dash back in place. Finished the gauges and installed an original Bronco style heater control knob for the new heater box. Here are some pics.

And no, this all didn't happen today. Condensing several days into a few posts.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-11-2014

Jay, I lived in FWB for 6 years while stationed at Eglin. I miss that area. Have fun!

Bart, is that console a modified tuffy? The cup holders look different?
What calipers u running in front? GM?
Oh, where is the cigar lighter in dash? I see the 12v outlet, but that ain't gonna light no stogie!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-11-2014

The console is one of the cheapies. Found it on fleabay directly from Tom's. It is very similar to a Tuffy minus the cup holders and some other stuff that I don't really care about. Couldn't beat the price. WH sells them as well. Found this one shipped for a bit less than they regularly list for.

Yep. Chebby calipers on the front.

Don't know about the stogie. Maybe something to charge the phone, but that is it. I did go a bit overboard to make you happy. I added a toggle switch on the dash so that I can turn the radio on without turning the key on. That is my only over-the-top feature. My preference is bare bones minimal. Less to go wrong. Can about guarantee that toggle switch will cause some major issue down the road just because it is there.

Today was hot and I had a lot of real work to do, so nothing got done. I did meet up with the body guy. If the rest of the truck turns out like this, suffice to say that Bill's old 77 trail rig will no longer see any dirt Sad