The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-23-2014

Sitting in Turkey today so I thought I would post my updates from last week.

Found the upper ball joint boot I replaced a few weeks ago was torn. Instead of buying the same junk from the HELP section, I ordered a poly boot from Energy Suspension. They do not sell a boot specifically for our application so I took a risk and ordered the closest I could find. I ended up modifying it by trimming 3/4" off the bottom. It fits like a charm. Future reference Energy Suspension part 13025. Be careful to make a perfect cut or the poly will split under pressure. I used an exacto knife and a socket inside the boot for support.

Upon arrival to Charleston, I also found my ram assist cylinder leaking. I disassembled it and sourced replacement seals from a local hydraulic shop. Good to go.

My electric fan saga continued as I was ultimately disappointed to find the T-bird SC fan was not going to easily fit as I had planned. Next stop is to look at using a Volvo fan on a universal shroud from Summit. More to come when I get back to Charleston.

Lastly, I lubed all my heims on the 4-link as well as the shocks as they were nice and squeaky after that long drive.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 09-24-2014

Ok I got a few pics but need to take more and start a thread for this but here is up for tonight. After Monday night having a blowout on the trailer on the freeway bringing the bronco home, I got that fixed Tuesday and got it home and backed down the driveway. Then today while still on the trailer I jacked it up and swapped all the tires out and took all the brakes off as it was so locked up when I picked it up the PO had to use his tractor to push it onto the trailer, not to mention the tires that where on it where garbage from sitting on the side of the mountain for 20 plus years. So the 68 is home tires swapped and brakes removed and off the trailer. Will start a thread and post pics hopefully tomorrow after I take some more and put it on jack stands.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-25-2014

No real wrenching, but I've been cleaning up the attic of death!!!!

Before I started, I don't think there was one ounce of floor available. Lots of boxing, packaging, selling, and relocating.

Got plenty for sale, if anyone needs stuff...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 09-25-2014

Wow that sucker is real clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-25-2014

My goal is to get all of my 'builder parts' and boxes out of the garage and organized in the attic for each Bronco. I'm tired of fighting the mess and not being able to find stuff. So far it is coming along well.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Earthguy - 09-25-2014

I jus picked up a grill, a door, and a hood for $300. All are in great shape. I'd put them on my bronco exactly as is (three different colors and all), but they're in such good shape they make the rest of my bronco look REALLY bad.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 09-26-2014

Been rebuilding this 351w engine for a friends 92 bronco. Since I cant haul it up to his place he dropped it off. Then he dropped off his wife's 89 cheby for me to do a master cyl and rear axle seal. That way I can bring it up to his shop and drop the engine back in.
Atleast now I can buy those chromo shafts for the front that I want and some new seats.Confusedupergrin:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-26-2014

Dont forget the 760 joints and full circle clips. ;-)

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with T2.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-27-2014

Went back to the junkyard and pulled an electric fan and shroud assembly from a 95 Volvo wagon along with the relay pack and wiring. With minimal effort and trimming, it fit my Ron Davis radiator pretty well leaving about 1/2" clearance from the Explorer water pump hub. The Volvo fan relay pack will control both the low and high speeds via a 2 speed temperature sender I plan to mount in the thermostat housing; just need to narrow down what temperature range I want in the switch. Currently looking at a BMW dual temperature switch (195deg low speed and 210deg high speed). Another day of testing will help me make the final determination. More to come...

I am pretty excited to have a nice big electric fan for the trails and finally say farewell to that awful mechanical fan.

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures. Perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks for the help Chuck. That body saw was perfect for cutting the shroud.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-28-2014

Installed Gorilla Guard wheel locks. Try and steal my sh!t now mofos.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with T2.