The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jdowns67 - 10-01-2014

Chuzie, Why don't you just take the alternator over to a rebuilder? The should be able to knock it out in an hour.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-01-2014

jdowns67 Wrote:Chuzie, Why don't you just take the alternator over to a rebuilder? The should be able to knock it out in an hour.

I considered that. Even called four local rebuilders. Nobody seemed interested in helping. Pretty sad. I suppose business must be that good. Once place that is a dedicated alternator rebuilder told me his alternator guy was gone until next week! WTFE! I bench tested it and didn't hear anything and the output was great. Gotta be a bearing somewhere else. Changed the tensioner too and no dice. The search continues.

Got the radiator repaired though. $40. Back on the road now just with that annoying sound. I don't mind taking it to Tellico that way, just not my preference.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jdowns67 - 10-02-2014

chuzie Wrote:I considered that. Even called four local rebuilders. Nobody seemed interested in helping. Pretty sad. I suppose business must be that good. Once place that is a dedicated alternator rebuilder told me his alternator guy was gone until next week! WTFE! I bench tested it and didn't hear anything and the output was great. Gotta be a bearing somewhere else. Changed the tensioner too and no dice. The search continues.

Got the radiator repaired though. $40. Back on the road now just with that annoying sound. I don't mind taking it to Tellico that way, just not my preference.

Don't know if you are running a 3G or what but they are not that big a deal to break open and change the bearings. Maybe they would sell you the bearings? Might as well replace the brushes too while you're in there.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-02-2014

Good point. I have never dorked around with breaking open an alternator but I'm always game to try new things.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with T2.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-02-2014

Today? I don't want to talk about it. Maybe tomorrow. Not good.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jollygrngiant - 10-05-2014

Replaced a melted fuse link for my Taurus fan

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-05-2014

jollygrngiant Wrote:Replaced a melted fuse link for my Taurus fan
U sure motor isn't going bad?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-05-2014

Found the bearing sound coming from water pump so swapped it out.

The radiator repair didn't hold so $700 Ron Davis radiator is trash. Ordered a champion which should arrive Thursday just in time for Tellico.

Oh wait, Uncle Sam screwed me by tacking Liberia onto my mission which extends me through the weekend so unless a miracle happens, no Tellico for me. Sad

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - rtj731 - 10-06-2014

chuzie Wrote:Found the bearing sound coming from water pump so swapped it out.

The radiator repair didn't hold so $700 Ron Davis radiator is trash. Ordered a champion which should arrive Thursday just in time for Tellico.

Oh wait, Uncle Sam screwed me by tacking Liberia onto my mission which extends me through the weekend so unless a miracle happens, no Tellico for me. Sad

B-safe don't get outa the cockpit, wash hands, shower in hand sanitizer, no bro hugs.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 10-06-2014

chuzie Wrote:Found the bearing sound coming from water pump so swapped it out.

Stay safe homo:xyxthumbs: