The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 01-29-2015

^^x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 01-31-2015

Made a new tunnel cover.

Installed battery tray behind driver headlight. Gonna wire dual batteries in coming days. Stoked.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 01-31-2015

I should probally do the dual batteries too,I have a Agm dry cell in the garage that I won at the Cherokee event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 01-31-2015

I can help free up some space and take that crappy battery off your hands.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Bronco Biff - 01-31-2015

Been playing with some door inserts and soft doors on the '73 with parts I got from Bart.....need to switch gears and fix my frame at the steering box so I can drive it.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 02-01-2015

Biff, did you ever fix that electrical gremlin?

Today I mounted a 200amp continuous duty solenoid and made some custom 3/0 cables to tie the two batteries together. Tomorrow I need to wire the solenoid to a switch and I should be dual battery operational.

With this much juice under the hood, I am concerned about a potential meltdown. I installed quick disconnect terminals on the negative posts for emergency purposes and am in the process of sourcing a 500amp ANL fuse (time delay) and holder that can accommodate the 4/0 cable I have going to the 8274 winch. No one seems to sell anything that large, so I may be making my own; should be interesting.

Also installed the little PS cooler I got from LKQ yesterday.

Everything seems to be coming together nicely although the family is less than pleased about the excessive amount of time I have spent in the garage lately.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Bronco Biff - 02-01-2015

chuzie Wrote:Biff, did you ever fix that electrical gremlin?

Either fixed or it's been sleeping for a while!! All new 4 gauge battery cables and a fresh QUALITY solenoid did the trick. I also changed the 30 year old chrome accel distributor with another high out accel yellow distributor feeding the same old 20 yr old points in the Mallory dual point distributor. I'm sure loosing the chrome also lost me some horsepower but I can't tell. An HEI may be on the horizon. Fuel injection is not.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jdowns67 - 02-01-2015

I'm thinking about replacing my wiring harness. Looks like I may go with the American Auto Wire. Anybody have any input here? I'm just scared now after all the work I have done that it could all go up in smoke with just one short behind the dash. I have been fighting a intermittent short of the gauge lights.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 02-02-2015

Spoke with a guy last week who was a supplier/vendor for those harnesses. He only has had experience with Chevy applications and said they are very nice. He just bought a Bronco and will probably use their harness in his Bronco.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 02-02-2015

Finished my dual battery install by wiring up the switch in the cab. It is a DPDT on-off-on toggle. I have the ability to use my IGN+ to link the batteries automatically so they charge when the engine is running and disconnect automatically when the IGN is off. The second function initiates a connection with power from the second battery in case the primary dies and the third function will completely isolate the second battery from the system regardless of the state of the IGN. Also installed an LED to indicate when I have the second battery forced on so I don't forget and leave it engaged.

Fabbed up a nice little switch bracket to house this switch and the 3-way fan switch I mounted a few months ago for the volvo fan.

Next on my list is to fab up an ANL fuse holder to mount on the battery in-line with the winch to hold a 500A ANL time delay fuse. Only problem is there is nothing out there that can handle the 3/0 (000) cables I have going to my 8274 winch so homebuild is the only option. Stay tuned.