The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 06-12-2011

shon Wrote:glass in but seal was to large. had to trim a corner and glue it , but it looks much better now...:biggthumpup:

How did he do it? I'm debating trying to put my own glass in.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - shon - 06-12-2011

just place the seal on the glass and use a 1/4 rope in the channel , have someone sit outside and apply steady pressure and begin pulling the rope out slowly making sure the seal sets around the ridge in the frame. not a hard job just virtually impossible to do alone.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 06-12-2011

I use string like they used to use for setting up foundations or concrete work. I'd imaging you should have some of that laying around. Run it around the entire perimeter of the weatherstrip. Carpenters includes instructions with their weatherstrip. If you have weatherstrip that is slotted for chrome- the chrome has to be installed before the whole assembly is fitted into place. Ask me how I know that... Learned that the hard way. If you don't have any chrome to fool with it is a lot easier. It can be done by yourself but it isn't a whole lot of fun. I use clear silicone in a caulk gun to seal the glass to the rubber and then i caulk around the metal for the window opening as well, before installing the window. I caulk the groove in the weather strip and then install the glass in it and let it set up before I install the assembly into the bronco. I caulk the window opening right before installation.

FYI, the last one that I did came from carpenters. It had a twist in it that I couldn't get out. I probably spent 2 hours on it. Figured it was like playing with Chinese handcuffs. I ended up getting fed up with it and taking it to them. Turns out it was defective. They actually produce the pieces and glue them together. Someone didn't do such a hot job at glueing/assembling it...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 06-15-2011

well mines still sitting on jack stands...gonna order the bearings from work on friday since i get them free. now just trying to figure out what to do in meantime...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - 73Bronc - 06-15-2011

Well, it has happened, as suspected. My fun in the sun has come to an end it seems. Jumped in the Bronc yesterday and it sounded like crap. Looks like it has jumped timing possibly. Planning to get to it this weekend to see what's up. Hopefully nothing major as I've really enjoyed driving the piss out of it the last few months.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - shon - 06-18-2011

not really wrenching , but i took some old used 30's off the 72 and put the 31's off the 69 on. drove it to work again as well........ I also picked up stock suspension parts trying to get the 72 to sit level and quit squeaking!!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - IH345jr1 - 06-21-2011

I tripped over my transmission in the garage today. Does that count?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 06-24-2011

well got bearings yesterday and was gonna install them today but have to order the hub seal since i have the early d30...go figure. guess its time to work on the hp and start getting it ready to install

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 06-28-2011

reversed a fuel filter and motor runs MUCH better now! Exhaust coming soon Confusedupergrin:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 07-07-2011

my other set of bearings finally came in at work today..hooray for freebies.