The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 04-21-2015

Almost forgot. Got alignment today. These numbers are truly a thing of beauty.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-21-2015

No, she lost her life.

As for seat belts, I would think a 4 point would be much safer than a 3 point. I don't see how a person could slip through the bottom.

The issue surrounds people's tendency to cinch the shoulder straps because they constantly loosen or feel loose as the lap belt rides up your abdomen. Once this occurs, you have a much higher likelihood of slipping out from the bottom. I have experienced this many many times with my set. No matter how tight I make the lap belt, I was always cinching the shoulder straps and finding the lap belt eventually over my stomach.

As for the chick that died, it was useless and preventable. I won't ride unless everyone is wearing a belt; it is just plain stupid!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-21-2015

My set up right now is with just the factory lap belts. By submarining do you mean sliding out the bottom of the lap portion of the belt? My rig will be a slow mover mostly on the trails or that is the thought anyway. It will see some pavement but not as a speed demon. It did drive well and straight the one time I got to 75 but feels like 50-60 are comfortable hi way speeds. With 40 - 50 being the relaxed cruising the back roads being more the norm. I live in very rural South central NC. Any belt at all has to be safer than the V Rod at or over 130. At this point in life even it seldom sees over 70. Do you think the 4 points are safer than the stock lap belts?

For a trail truck, yes. Street, no. I feel a 4-pt will offer superior protection in a roll over vs a 3-pt.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-21-2015

I got the exhaust hooked back up. Motor mounts check, starter, and clutch linkage today. Tomorrow the intake, water pump, power steering pump, distributor and fuel pump and it'll be ready to fire it up.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 04-21-2015

well... I agree with the previous dozen posts... I currently have lap belts, but have been preparing for the upgrade to 3 points lately. I have the belts, but I wanna redo my cage before I install them.

but on a happier topic, I started piecing together the tailgate jigsaw puzzle today, and got a nifty little package in from ruff stuff containing new rear shock brackets (tore the stockers off at gulches), some sweet bumper clevis tabs, and some pass through body plates for Sick Pony Roll Cage 2.0...

Nick, you failed to mention any carnage at gulches. Whoops!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-22-2015

OK i got the used motor fired up today and it runs sweet. It is stock so I missed 60-75 HP but it will do for this spring and summer. Maybe I'll get the other sleeved and built this fall. Did I mention how much I hate bleeding brakes. LOL. Now I need to get busy on the twin stick install. That looks like it is gonna be fun. Best I can think is to cut a access hole in the tunnel and weld back after the install. I think i need to pull the front seats so I can roll the thick rubber floor mat back out of the way to facilitate this surgery.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 04-22-2015

Might be easier to just pull the tcase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk