The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-22-2015

I've never pulled a transfer case but theres a first time for everything. I have a couple of floor jacks and a very old but nice tranny jack which uses wheels and gears to lift and tilt on 2 axis. What is involved

with pulling the tranfer case/ remove both drive shafts, shifter linkage, cross member and then the bolts holding it to the tail of tranny and be careful not to drop it on yur head/ear. The case weighs what 60-80 lbs accordint to how much grease/mud/sludge are covering it.

I jsut read in my Chiltons manual and it says something about using a fashioned tool installed in the shift arms to prevent the roller bearing from falling out of the input shaft. Anyone have any idea on how to explain that to this simpleton?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 04-22-2015

Just got back from south Charlotte. Scored a nice uncut dash and a great set of complete 68 doors with removable frames. Now I have two sets of doors. Traffic was a bear up there, glad to be back home. Catch up with ya soon Bart when I'm back in town.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 04-23-2015

Put 450+ miles on the beast to get it to Charleston. Purred like a kitten the entire way. Headed out to save the world in a few hours so I hope to see y'all in a week. Ugh, wait. Am I experiencing de ja vue? Didn't this exact scenario happen last November and I got screwed? Here I go again.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 04-23-2015

Hope it isn't like Nov where you don't make it back in time.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-23-2015

Twwin Stick is in and so sweet, It took about 3 hours start to finish. I removed the shift levers on the tranny to allow a little more access to the slot in the Transfer case which had to be cut. I then removed the old J shifter, the original shifter hole in the tunne; was a oval about 2 1/2x5 inchs. I used the grinder with cutting disc to open this up another 2 1/2x 5 so now this is a 5x5 access right above the part which had to be modified on the case. I then cut it abd installed new twin stick and the new patch panel which came with the shifter and then the boot and the tranny shift arms. the hardest part was laying up in the seat sideways to reach everything. I hope Duffs will send the correct shifter knobs when I call tomorrow. The threads on the levers appear to be 7/16ths and the knobs they sent are 3/8ths. Also readjusted the clutch while I was under there.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-23-2015

Also picked up 48 foot of 1 3/4 .095 tubing and hope to get a simple roll bar built tomorrow. 24 ft of 1 1/4 to use bracing and grab bars.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-25-2015

My bad I musta been tired. The shift knobs were the correct ones and after a little more effort I got them started and screwed on 4 or 5 threads.

I also got a good start on the roll bar. It is coming along good for a first effort. Gonna try to add some to it tomorrow if it is not raining. Also removed the top and it appears to be totally rust free. I do not think it had ever been removed. It is hanging in the walnut tree right now and I will have to figure out where to store it so that it does not get damaged.

Feels good to make a little progress even when there is so much left to do.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - 72_EB_GUY - 04-25-2015

Finally able to do a little work today. Swapped out some battery cables and switched the differentials from the open one to the locked one I had. We'll see if it helps on the trails at Tellico. Now to start packing the bronco for the trip.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 04-25-2015

Packing? Packing bearings. LOL I may get around to packing Wednesday night. Got the gear oil changed in the Tranny, the Case and the rear differential today and then spent a couple hrs cleaning the shed up some more. I have everything gathered up to start on the hd light wiring harness and relays tomorrow.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 04-25-2015

Got my shocks in finally. Wanna thank for Charles for the help finishing them today [Image: d60c6d777a7eecf02b387bb889e2ec20.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk