The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-06-2015

Git er done William. Wanna see that 68 in the woods. Less than 3 months ago mine had froze brakes, a different motor a shot out J shifter, rotten tires, no battery, no rollbar, no front bumper and many many other problems. Looking forward to seeing yours driving and you smiling as you wheel it around.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-06-2015

Replaced the left side exhaust donut. Musta damaged it when a exhaust clamp caught on a rock in the garden. I think i am gonna have to change it over to single exhaust to be able to tuck it all in nice and tight. Speaking of the garden i got the okra and sweet corn planted today also.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 05-06-2015

Less than 3 months ago my 67 kinda looked like a Bronco. Now, well, er, nevermind...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 05-07-2015

I had a conversation with EBer the other day and said I shouldn't have to replace my rear mounts since I had the frame galvanized. I wasn't convinced so I purchased some new rear mounts from WH. Wow, am I glad I made that choice!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-07-2015

I just drove it around doing some errands today and went and picked up a nice Victor cutting torch with hoses regulators and a oxygen bottle which is full. Now I need a acetylene tank and a cart. If I need I can burn propane out of a grill tank til i get the acetylene. It came with a propane tip. I figure it was a good deal for 200 bucks. Just the Oxygen tank woulda been that much. I then finished planting the garden with pintos, colored butter beans, purple hulls, Squash, zuchini, and cucmbers. If we get the rain we will eat good.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-08-2015

Believe it or not I have not put a wrench to it in 2 days. I did however chase down some possible future parts. 1 is a 5.0 Fuel Injected full size bronco (not sure of the year til I go look at it tomorrow).
The other is a 88 F 150 Fuel Injected 4.9L 6 cylinder with a 5 speed tranny. If I can talk him down some I will harvest the 5 speed for future use and Bart is interested in the Fuel Injection, all other parts will be available if someone can use any of them. The full size is only 5 miles from the house and I can drive it home. Not sure how many of the parts will be useful in a EB but the motor and Transmiision should be worth the 700 I can buy it for. Stay tuned.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 05-09-2015

thats pretty cool,the f150 fuel injection does not fit well in a bronco tho...if your looking at going efi, look at explorers...direct swap in. however, if your doing a off road kit in your carb, it will be way better now than last weekend.not sure of many parts you can use from those two trucks tho

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-09-2015

The Bronco is a 87 with 116,000 miles on it and a AOD Transmission. Not sure but I do not think it would be a roller motor. Rollers did not begin til what 89 or 90?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 05-10-2015

Got the new rear shock mounts on today. My welding skills are less desired, not a big fan of welding galvanized steel. Cut off the rubber mounts off too. So much thick rust scale between it and the frame.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-10-2015

Crawdad Wrote:Got the new rear shock mounts on today. My welding skills are less desired, not a big fan of welding galvanized steel. Cut off the rubber mounts off too. So much thick rust scale between it and the frame.

Drink a glass of milk it'll usually get rid of the metallic taste welding Galvanized steel leaves. If you clean the coating off good it welds like mild steel should.