The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 05-10-2015

I always heard the gas it gives off was poisonous. Is there any validity to that?

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 05-10-2015

Yes! Never Weld it unless it's ground off, even then grinding is bad...need a mask

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 05-10-2015

This is a great read on the subject.

Will it make you feel like $hit, yes. Will it kill you, no.

http://www.sperkoengineering.com/html/articles/WeldingGalvanized.pdf

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 05-11-2015

Yeah, galvanized can be done but it is no fun.

Ventilation is good. A mask is better.

I turned a wrench on the 67 today in the clockwise direction! Progress has been slow lately

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 05-11-2015

Broncitis Wrote:Drink a glass of milk it'll usually get rid of the metallic taste welding Galvanized steel leaves. If you clean the coating off good it welds like mild steel should.

Yep, downed two glasses down at dinner. I had fans on blowing away from me too. I found muratic axis is good at removing galvanized coating but it's a pain to use and sanding it off is almost impossible. the frame was hot-dipped so when sanding or light grinding all you are doing is moving it from one spot to another. Rough grinding does well but it leaves marks afterwards. Even removing it still burns up on the inside of frame. I've learned to hold my breath while making a pass the jump out of the way. Those fumes are not good to breath in.
I don't weld on galvanized metal as a profession, that's when the proper PPE, proper exhaust and expensive breathing equipment is necessary. Welding through painted surfaces isn't good either. Paints used by the military 20-40 yrs ago isn't good to sand or burn off. Lead and other bad stuff can be found in old paint.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 05-11-2015

Here are pics of the new shock mounts and where the old rubber bump-stop plate was.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 05-11-2015

Got the right front axle pulled to replace U joint and pack bearings. Maintenance work trying to figure out how I am gonna hold that awkward thing and not munk up the needle bearing and operate the press also. Reckn I will wait til this evening when some help is available. Gonna do the front wheel cylinders while I am at it.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 05-11-2015

Lots of grease to hold them in place. I always do one last check to make sure they are in place before i press. A clean mating surface helps too.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 05-11-2015

I know everyone says joints without zerks are stronger, but I need to disassemble mine to grease them again

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 05-11-2015

Is there room to drill and tap a cap?