The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - nhopman - 08-19-2015

I did do some wrenching last night. Noticed when I drove it last time, there was a weird shake in the front end at low speed, but quickly went away. And while wheeling at URE one of Dwight's passengers said he thought it looked like the pass front tire/wheel would wobble a bit. I was thinking it may need new ball joints. Got to looking and the pass side tie rod/drag link had about a 1/2" of play. So I replaced the heims on the drag link on both ends, and still need to replace one on the steering ram once it comes in. I also went back to a tie rod under the knuckle instead of over to reduce some of the stress on the steering. Haven't been out to see how bad the steering pulls, but will drive it around this weekend to get it all finished.

Nick

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 08-19-2015

Hopefully you aren't running around with loose lug nuts from Tellico. There was a thread on classic recently discussing the inferior quality of Moog ball joints and how raybestos were pretty good these days.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 08-19-2015

Bit the bullet and ordered a set of gorilla war flares from WH. Shipping them McCutcheon customs garage.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 08-23-2015

Jacked it up and put both axles on jack stands in preparation to start the tranny swap. This Carolina humidity is making it rough to get started pulling it apart tho.
The site sure has been dead the last couple of days. Heres hoping the lost pages will be back up soon.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 08-23-2015

Jacked it up and put both axles on jack stands in preparation to start the tranny swap. This Carolina humidity is making it rough to get started pulling it apart tho.
The site sure has been dead the last couple of days. Heres hoping the lost pages will be back up soon.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 08-23-2015

Installed refurbished heater box and controls. heater hose and shutoff valve. Started the holley setup.
Installed fuel tank filler neck and cap.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 08-24-2015

Pulled the seats in prep to cut the tunnel for 435 install. Going to start pulling the 3 speed tomorrow. Also gonna lose the rubber floor mat and finally see just how much rust is in the floors.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 08-25-2015

I used to run with the rubber floor inserts too but removed all but the flat portion on the bed. The water always made my Bronco stink of mildew. For stock floors, they are a horrible idea for anyone doing any wheeling. My bed is 3/16 so I am not concerned about rust and there are plenty of holes and heat to keep it from stinking.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - 66Roadster - 08-25-2015

I chunked the front part of mine too. It looks like crap underneath, but could be worse. Could have been swiss cheese.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 08-25-2015

Heading back to CHS today. Hope to possibly finish my bumper tomorrow. Lots of grinding, a little welding, a little more grinding, some priming and some painting are needed.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!