The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-06-2015

I'm guessing it is an auto. I know a good rebuilder here in charlotte. He says they are very tricky to get right. I've got no idea. Only had 1 Civic and it was a manual.

Been changing my mind on a lot of things with the piggy build. Guess I want to to be more of an expedition/overland rig, or at least comfortable on a long distance. Got a bunch of parts ordered today and got a half a page of things that need to get ordered. Still waiting for a good credit card number to be offered up...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-06-2015

Yep, it auto and finding the right rebuilder is more important that finding the cheapest because they are not as easy as a C4.

So is piggy gonna have a off-road trailer too?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 09-07-2015

Ok so I finally got going again got tired of school stuff and took a break from it. I have spent some time with the wire cup brush knocking paint off the lime green engine block, intake and oil pan so I can repaint, have been rubbing paint thinner on inbetween grinding times trying to get the grooves and such cleaned up some worse then others, any one have any secret formulas to getting all the paint off before repainting they care to share?

As this is working pretty well but there are just certain areas that I can't quite get too with the wheel.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 09-07-2015

wepuckett Wrote:Ok so I finally got going again got tired of school stuff and took a break from it. I have spent some time with the wire cup brush knocking paint off the lime green engine block, intake and oil pan so I can repaint, have been rubbing paint thinner on inbetween grinding times trying to get the grooves and such cleaned up some worse then others, any one have any secret formulas to getting all the paint off before repainting they care to share?

As this is working pretty well but there are just certain areas that I can't quite get too with the wheel.

I like aircraft stripper

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-07-2015

I'm a huge fan if a wire wheel on the angle grinder but be gentle ; will take metal off fast especially aluminum. Aircraft stripper is perfect for any areas not reachable by the stripper though it may take a couple attempts depending on paint thickness, composition, and age.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

Where would I find Aircraft stripper, what type of store at least, is there a particular brand better then others?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-07-2015

Most of the big name parts places will carry it. From my experience there is usually only one brand you will know it when you see it grab a few cans

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 09-07-2015

Most engine shops dip the block before doing machine work and that process removes all grease, sludge and paint. Not sure if they dip aluminum parts in the same process of not. Years ago it was a lye solution in the vat. Not sure if EPA allows that any longer. Glad to see you started on it.

Yeah I am sure when the original person that put the engine together they got it dipped as it looks clean inside and out but they painted it a bright green and I am trying to strip that away to paint it ford blue

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 09-08-2015

Broke in camshaft, and did a ton of sheet metal work this weekend, still got an hour or two of grinding to do. The short list of to-do's is; Tinker with idle calibration to get rid of the surging, grind all welds down, temporarily prime exposed sheet metal, Weld new front crossmember/bumper in, rig tailgate linkages, Install modified dash and guages, test all circuits and driveability...

Should be done this afternoon... :rubeyes: