The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-01-2015

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a scanner and linked to forscan but it doesn't cover mode6. Torque supposedly supports mode6 and I'm gonna give it a try tonight.

The misfire was a bad plug wire. Ordered a set of Taylor wires. Should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 10-01-2015

Glad to see some of you workin on your junk. I was starting to think everyone on here had been raptured up and left me behind.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 10-01-2015

[quote=jstoppok]So I got the transmission and transfer case rebuilt. Yhey look great but the big question is do they work. I noticed the radiator was leaking when I was putting in the transmission cooler ( I refuse to admit I did it during the install). Then I saw the power steering pump was leaking so ordered a new HD one with brackets. Didn't like the original alternator so have a 3G on the way. Now we are getting into Fall and I need to think about heat. LOL! It never ends but I like it! I'm thinking I should just direct deposit my check straight to Wild Horses. I think my theme so far is inner beauty and outer ugly.

Looks great

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 10-05-2015

Found a way to use Torque Pro to monitor mode $06 data including misfire. This is a major shortcoming of Forscan.

SETTINGS
MANAGE EXTRA PIDS/SENSORS
ADD PREDEFINED SET
FORD

Now many more PIDS populate on my graphs and dashboard.

Super cool!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 10-05-2015

^nerd level achieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you been? I achieved that a very long time ago. Thanks for noticing though.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 10-05-2015

Oh I have known, it just felt appropriate to announce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jstoppok - 10-05-2015

Good deal on the ODB-II software! I was back-reading the Chuzie's Monster thread. My wiring needs help and I read what you did with your switches and gauges. Man I'm running full steam trying to get mine on the road and now you raise the bar just high enough for me to clothesline myself. You seemed like such a nice guy in Charleston too. :lolup: Thanks for the great ideas and explanations.

The wiring would have been much easier had I taken the time to do it correctly to begin with. The price I paid for poor planning and laziness was 120 hours of cleanup. I don't recommend a rewire until you have your system to the point where you are somewhat confident you will not be adding additional circuits. That is the main reason I took the plunge after all these years.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 10-07-2015

Well i did get a start on getting the motor ready to put in but ended up making more work for myself. The Oil pump drive had been installed from the top and had no keeper ring on it and when I pulled the distributor it came the drive came out with the distributor. When I went to put it back in my clumsy self dropped it into the oil pan. Oh well I guess i will get a chance to look inside the motor tomorrow when I pull the pan to retrieve said evil shaft. Now I have to make some calls to locate a vacant engine stand.