The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 11-18-2015

Spent 6 hours cleaning the mud and clay from my Bronco. What a nightmare!

Now that it is clean I noticed both motor mounts were broken likely from dropping into gear so many times. The metal on metal sound coming from the back of the engine or front of the transmission, that developed on the way back top Tampa the other night, may be the flexplate rubbing something. I have to drop the transmission to inspect and possibly swap in a new torque converter so there will be more to come on this one in the next few days.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 11-20-2015

Further investigation shows the broken motor mounts are what caused my transfer case to drop and the front CV to impact the crossmember. The whole assembly moved forward about 1.5" so I am lucky I didn't lose my radiator.

The AC compressor pulley bearing was completely roasted along with the coil. The coil was literally melted so I am convinced that is the scary burning smell I experienced the entire way back to Tampa.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 11-20-2015

Guess you found it at the right time as Tom's and Bronco Graveyard just released thier black friday specials.

Glad you made it home safe sorry so much got trashed but at least you found the problem child.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 11-20-2015

Sad part is both me and Clay suspected and looked at the motor mounts at the parking lit after Dutch John. Everything was so muddy, I guess it would have been impossible to see those broken mounts.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Bronco Biff - 11-21-2015

....provides a new meaning to me for "floating motor"........(any of you electric automation controls guys know what I mean??)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 11-22-2015

Fall cleaning around the house, put my truck avenger on the 75 pu along with the intake. Fixed a few seal leaks too. Since my subie has sprung a head gasket leak I needed to get the truck up to speed to drive it for a while.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 11-25-2015

chuzie Wrote:Sad part is both me and Clay suspected and looked at the motor mounts at the parking lit after Dutch John. Everything was so muddy, I guess it would have been impossible to see those broken mounts.

Good thing wild horses has there motor mounts on sale this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 11-25-2015

Meh. Got a set from napa. Gonna put some miles on her and determine collateral damage.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 11-25-2015

HAS ANYone ever run solid mounts like used in hi HP drag cars on a Bronco. You get some vibration from them but I doubt you could break them. Not even Chuzie. LOL

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 11-25-2015

I am extremely lucky. I figure my mounts broke on day 1 and i know i had that engine screaming at some places.