The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - nhopman - 01-26-2016

How about something like these?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-sleeve-bearings/=10ur5du

They have steel, plastic, bronze, and combinations of materials, maybe something would fit without modification and last longer than the Poly without having to come up with a special run.

Do you know the dimensions you would need?

Nick

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 01-26-2016

McMaster Carr doesn't really sell one that would work with out major rework. I talked to a custom bushing store that makes bushing for race cars. They could make aluminum or uhmw. The more I look in to it, I think the Uhmw bushing would stop more move ment, but would devolope cracks and deteriorate quicker. It's a theory kinda like to test it. On a brighter note look what came in [Image: 79b10c4ada6bec0bc191eb3666f9e2e4.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 01-26-2016

I need to weld one of those to the hub of my steering wheel!

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 01-26-2016

Which bushing is this you all are trying to replace and do you have one to take measurements of, what type of material would you want, if we could get access to some machining equipment we might be able to make some, if we can get it cnc'd out and save the program might be able to get them produced at a job shop fairly resonably

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 01-27-2016

I traveled to BartsBroncoemporium this evening and picked up a nice 5.0 to put in the 74 this spring. Block casting numbers are E7TE which translates to a 87 truck engine. That ceing said I think it'll require a 50 flywheel for balance. Also from the little research I have done in the last few minutes it should be roller tappet. The heads on it have the GT along with the 3 hash marks on the front in the proper places to make them GT 40 heads. At my second stop I trashed 400$ on a 435 transmission which it looks like I will be able to stumble over for quite some time to remind me to research and ask more questions in the future before handing over my cash. If any one ever needs a 435 to use with a 205 transfer case I will give you a great deal on one.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 01-27-2016

Sucks to hear that Dwight. Not sure if a 4wd 435 trans will work but I hope it does!

Been working on wiring for the piggy project. Got about 70 days to the super cel!!!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 01-27-2016

70 days to SC and 100 days of work I'm sure. Stop dorking around on the Internet and get back to work on piggy!

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - ParadisePWoffrD - 01-28-2016

Broncitis Wrote:I traveled to BartsBroncoemporium this evening and picked up a nice 5.0 to put in the 74 this spring. Block casting numbers are E7TE which translates to a 87 truck engine. That ceing said I think it'll require a 50 flywheel for balance. Also from the little research I have done in the last few minutes it should be roller tappet. The heads on it have the GT along with the 3 hash marks on the front in the proper places to make them GT 40 heads. At my second stop I trashed 400$ on a 435 transmission which it looks like I will be able to stumble over for quite some time to remind me to research and ask more questions in the future before handing over my cash. If any one ever needs a 435 to use with a 205 transfer case I will give you a great deal on one.

I'm not sure I follow on the np435. I had one with a 205 in my bronco and loved it. Deep 1st, and a bulletproof combo. It was a tight squeeze underneath and the floorpans were modified to fit.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Broncitis - 01-28-2016

I do not have the 205 to put with it. Was thinking I could get the adapter and use with my 20. The output shaft on the tranny is too long to use it that way. I am going to regroup and keep my eyes/ears open for a 5 speed to use later. Until then I can just stick with the 3 speed I already have.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 01-28-2016

Nice offer William. They are bushings that go with the duffs radius arms. They need to be soft to allow for some movement, so something hard like a plastic or metal wouldn't work correctly.

Just use lots of flexible seam sealer and schmaltz up the old ones Clay. And don't go reproducing those bottle openers. That was a semi-entertaining thread on classic.

On a related note, anyone want to start a go-find-me to get the piggy to the super cel this year???