The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+---- Forum: Build Threads (https://cb4x4.com/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: Building my Bucket"O"Bolts (/thread-1673.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - snipes243 - 07-15-2009

looks awesome man. Stock car steel those guys are awesome they sponsor our shop.

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - bucketobolts - 07-17-2009

Really got serious with the Bend Tech and designed my first piece, the new front crossmember. I must say that with a little planning and the Pro 105 bender with my air/hydraulic conversion worked pretty good. It is not the fastest operation, but it does the job with out killing your back. The 90* bends ended up in the same plane and parallel to each other on the first try. Must be beginners luckConfusedcratchhe:

Now I need to pull the drivetrain, brace the frame to cut out the old crossmember, and fit the new one in place. The rear of the tube will roughly be near the engine mount brackets. That will set the offset bend directly under the pulley/balancer. Also note that the engine is offset to the passenger side 1" for front driveline clearance.

Also adding the Bend Tech screen shot of what I had drawn out to compare to the finish product.

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - cuz1 - 07-18-2009

Streeeetch that thang out some:biggthumpup:

Looks good bro.

What's up with the crazy lawn mower?

[Image: Tear20Down200061.jpg]

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - bucketobolts - 07-18-2009

That is my oldest sons play toy. It is a '69 model Simplicity Broadmoor 728. He's had gokarts, motorcycles, and ATV's, but would rather tinker with tractors. Maybe one day I can find him a small Farmall or Allis model B. Like my custom stainless straight stack with rain cap?

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - Mill Knob - 07-18-2009

Looking great. Love the lawn mower.:xyxthumbs: So what are some of the things that you are going to do while you have the Bronco tub off? She is off now so are you going to do some cleaning Or painting?

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - sparkchaser - 07-18-2009

It looks like you will be busy for a while.If you need a place to store that motor,,
I think I might have a place:biggthumpup:

Mill Knob Wrote:Looking great. Love the lawn mower.:xyxthumbs: So what are some of the things that you are going to do while you have the Bronco tub off? She is off now so are you going to do some cleaning Or painting?

Starting with the 4 link front and rear suspension. Going to integrate the roll cage to the frame. The tub as a whole is not going back on. I'm going to attach the sheet metal back to the frame like a race car with quick connect fasteners. If I ever decide on a color I want to powder coat the chassis before it goes back together.

sparkchaser Wrote:It looks like you will be busy for a while.If you need a place to store that motor,,
I think I might have a place:biggthumpup:

I've not decided which motor I'm going to run. If I decide to run the 393W I'd like to upgrade to aluminum heads and let it breathe. Or I still have the 400M on the stand waiting. Either one is probably going to run propane instead of fuel injection.

Here is a rough draft of some of the tube work. I will have to go back through it and fine tune some of the numbers to get everything to work right. But it is enough you can get the idea of my vision.Confusedcratchhe:

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - blazinchuck - 07-18-2009

thats gonna be awesome Aaron!

Building my Bucket"O"Bolts - snipes243 - 07-18-2009

Looking Awesome man