The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! (/thread-2332.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - UTFLIWGYA - 09-02-2010

OK...so here's the culprit!! Checked the water pump...it's new, fresh gasket, no leaks...but when the mechanic replaced the pump he forgot to replace what??? That's right, the lower hose!!

The older hose pressurized differently with the new pump, expanded and rubbed itself against the bottom flywheel. That's why it started as a slow leak, then got real bad as the heat and pressure expanded.

The old hose is removed, a new one should be in on Saturday...so in the meantime, i'm gonna swap out the thermostat for a 160 and replace the heater hose that had the small hole in it tomorrow.

With the lower hose installed on Saturday, I will flush and test the system and then refill with new coolant. If all goes well, the EB will be in good shape for the Bronco Beach Bash. Thanx for everyone's help!!!

[Image: Picture005.jpg]

[Image: Picture008.jpg]

[Image: Picture009.jpg]

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - chuzie - 09-02-2010

160 is a bit on the low side.

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - blazinchuck - 09-03-2010

i suggest a 180 minimum...you have a shroud too...it should keep you cool

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - UTFLIWGYA - 09-03-2010

OK....removed the thermo cover and i do indeed have a 180...looks brand new...must've changed it out not too long ago...so, I should keep a 180 in there? (i think i'll exchange it for a new one while I have it out --- Bad Karma if not)...new seal and silicone casket sealant. Gonna replace the heater hoses and looks like I need a new PS Pump Hose. If i am off azimuth on any of this, please lemme know. Also, what kind of coolant do you suggest? 50/50 type? Un-Mixed? Thanx!!!

[Image: DSCN7061.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7065.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7066.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7067.jpg]

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - blazinchuck - 09-03-2010

Brian, i would still install a new one(get one that is "fail-safe") if it fails...it will fail "open only"...allowing you to still drive without problems. as for coolant...make it easy and go 50/50...then button it up brother...Good Job!

Roger That!!

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - broncomatt - 09-03-2010

The reason I recomended you use the 160 is I knew that the eb came stock with a 180. That is the lowest temp the engine can run at. I have found that if you run a lower temp stat that a short burst of air will cool it down and take longer to get back up to a temp that is bad for your engine. I run one in mine and the only time I even notice that I'm using it is when its REALY cold outside.
Idealy coolent should be mixed at 50/50, but it truly depends on the location of the car. Manufactures do set up a car diffrently depending on the regin its in. Nissans can have a poor heat condition. They require a 60/40 mix, there was a tsb for it some years ago.

Thanx to all. The NEW 180 is back in where the old one came out...new gasket and sealant. NEW heater hose to replace the one that I fixed with Duct Tape the last time round. The Lower Hose and a NEW Power Steering Pump Upper Hose should be in tomorrow...then test, flush and fill. Thanx Guys!!

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - broncomatt - 09-03-2010

A good time to change the ps fluid. Once the hose is off turn the steering wheel lock to lock to burp out the fluid. Put all your hoses back on.
Here is the very improtant part, once the system is back together put some fluid in the res. But DONT start the engine. Turn the wheels lock to lock a few times untill it stops burping fluid. If you start it up with large air pockets you run a risk of burning up the pump.

Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - josephitguy - 09-03-2010

I usually boil my thermostat in water before I put it in. I had a new one stick closed and overheat the engine. I use a cooking thermometer to verify the temps too.