The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Wheeling Events (https://cb4x4.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 (/thread-2604.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - broncosbybart - 01-17-2011

sounds weird. this computer doesn't stream video. not sure if there was any of that smoke in the above post. if you are running antifreeze in your coolant, you'd be able to smell it for sure. it would probably overheat as well. no signs of water in the oil, right?

just a thought- could it be leaking ps fluid hitting the manifolds/headers?

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - blazinchuck - 01-17-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:sounds weird. this computer doesn't stream video. not sure if there was any of that smoke in the above post. if you are running antifreeze in your coolant, you'd be able to smell it for sure. it would probably overheat as well. no signs of water in the oil, right?

just a thought- could it be leaking ps fluid hitting the manifolds/headers?

we had some PS fluid leaking earlier...but this wasnt that, it was smoking out of the exhaust. it was over heating, and wasnt running bad or anything...im really lost right now. ill go out there and check the oil. we checked all the fluid levels the day before

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - chuzie - 01-17-2011

WOW! Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am completely bummed I missed out on all the fun. Chuck, sounds like we will be changing a head gasket in the near future. Don't they have those test kits to analyze coolant and determine if it has been exposed to exhaust? What does the oil look like on the dip stick after running for a while? I wonder if it is emulsified?

Thanks for documenting everything so thoroughly and I really look forward to the Gulches here in a few weeks.

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - blazinchuck - 01-17-2011

i just went out to check the oil. it looked fresh when doug and i checked it before the trip and it still looks good, just a touch dirtier. also the radiator is only down a inch or so and the PS reservoir still has 2/3 full....so im not sure where to start. i barely have steering and the bronco smokes when going up hill(steep angles)

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - BucknEB - 01-17-2011

blazinchuck Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNh2lWslBA0

That was so nuch fun! 4:48 you can see my camera fall out of my pocket.

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - SC74 - 01-17-2011

These videos are making me want to get mine done sooner and sooner!

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - BucknEB - 01-17-2011

Some more pics.:xyxthumbs:

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - medwards01 - 01-17-2011

chuzie Wrote:Chuck, sounds like we will be changing a head gasket in the near future. Don't they have those test kits to analyze coolant and determine if it has been exposed to exhaust? What does the oil look like on the dip stick after running for a while? I wonder if it is emulsified?

My money is with Chuzie, based on my own previous experience, white smoke from the exhaust meant a blown head gasket. It will only get worse....Dayum annoying :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - nhopman - 01-17-2011

Smoke in the vid is prety thick and def not normal.

A plugged or non-working PCV valve can increase the pressure internally and cause oil to be sucked into the cylinders.

I'd also start pulling plugs and checking them for oil, might be able to narrow it down to one side or another and maybe just one cylinder.

Nick

TPORV- Winnsboro, SC 1/15/11 - chuzie - 01-17-2011

We will have to do a chemical test on the coolant for exhaust and run the EEC test when I get back to rule out faulty item. The water can evaporate and not emulsify the oil if it is in small enough quantities so it can be undetectable to the eye in the early stages. Let me check my books for other options.