The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+---- Forum: Build Threads (https://cb4x4.com/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: My 76 LUBR Build in SC (/thread-2942.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - ncsubronc - 10-26-2011

Crawdad Wrote:Where did you get your floor panels from? Did they fit well?

Got mine from Bronco Graveyard. The fit seems pretty good to me, but I dont have anything to compare them too! I got the full replacement pans with the ribs formed in them. They are plenty long enough to replace the flat part of the floor and a decent way up angled part going to the firewall.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - scbronco - 10-26-2011

Crawdad Wrote:You are right, but $90K for a look that still doesn't turn me on!!! Now the blue EB on the beach makes me smile!Confusedupergrin:

90k is a down payment for that rig... you can finance the other 60k... if you have real estate to use as collatoral... stupid expensive ICONs...

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - chuzie - 10-26-2011

So WTF are you going to do with a LUBR? I dare not see you on a trail with it. One rock or tree in the rear fender and your LUBR becomes a LUDBR (D=dented). That stuff is too nice to actually wheel.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - blazinchuck - 10-26-2011

chuzie Wrote:So WTF are you going to do with a LUBR? I dare not see you on a trail with it. One rock or tree in the rear fender and your LUBR becomes a LUDBR (D=dented). That stuff is too nice to actually wheel.

not so quick young Luke Skywalker. nothing at all limiting the "LUBR" as a trail/rock crawler. tire size and width, along with suspension are all that is limiting those rigs...and thats only because the owner chooses not to cut the fenders.

with that being said...lockers,33-34" tires will follow me and you most of the way....break-over angles will hinder the rockers, but they do just fine. grant it, most have to go up enough to clear fenders, so COG might be lil worst with high rigs and small foot prints...my .02:popc1:

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 10-26-2011

Chuz, my days of creep'n over rocks are way behind me. I broke parts almost every weekend when in TN. Went thru so many D-20s, driveshafts, T-5s, etc... It really adds up when wheel'n. I think a 1/3 of my student loans went to fixing/ repairing parts. I remember going down I-85 and my passenger rear axle shaft and wheel decided to go off in its own direction! Talk about a scare!!!!!!!! I literally shut down a major interstate, who has done that?!!!! At that point I parted out my 83 CJ-7, 73 Bronco and IH.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - firefighter2134 - 10-26-2011

I recall seeing ufugly going down dutch john on the workday. Lubr...

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - broncosbybart - 10-27-2011

Those are some sweet pics. Never got into the LUBR thing, but that is just me. The white one does look cool, though it did get the lower sections cut front and rear.

I've used the JBG floorpans with the ribs on several rigs. They fit pretty well. Not drop in, but within 1/2". I always fold one tab down on them. For some reatson they fold the section that meets the kick panel upwards. From the factory, it went down. So, I rebend that fold back down like the factory would have done it. Beyond that, it is all trimming to fit.

I probably would advise against a set of Thornbirds. They're gonna be LOUD! IMHO, your KM2's will probably have about the best street manners and last for a while. If you want more knobs, maybe a radial TSL like the ones that Chuck had on the 77 when he got it. More knobs usually means more noise and a rougher ride when the tires start to chop as they wear.

You need to start wheeling again- those were Heeps that you had all those problems with Big Grin Maybe ride along at URE in NOV with someone. That might change your mind. I'll have an open seat. Sharon can't make it out Sad

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - broncosbybart - 10-27-2011

oh, just looked at your truck. what are you going to do with the fenders and quarters? new replacements?

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 10-27-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:oh, just looked at your truck. what are you going to do with the fenders and quarters? new replacements?

I don't want to get ahead of myself. First step is to sell the wheels. Lots of interest but haven't seen any money in my hands yet. At that point theres no going back.

As far as tires, the 33x10.5x15 KM2s are my third fav. The Thornbirds are just plain nasty I would think on a 15x7 rim. The bad thing on those is that they are soft and noisy. Second fav is the radial swampers.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 10-28-2011

The first step is done, the 37s are SOLD!

Step two is to buy new rims and tires. I'm looking for factory steel rims in 15x7s, any idea who to contact?