The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Extended Radius Arms - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Extended Radius Arms (/thread-2978.html)

Pages: 1 2

Extended Radius Arms - blazinchuck - 11-20-2011

Cam, no need to drop the arms at the frame...that was only done to compensate for the caster and short(stock) arms(old skool). i dont recommend dropped arm mounts...keep it as close to the frame...better for break-over angles.

Extended Radius Arms - cam coffee - 11-20-2011

Ok, do I need to get new C bushings because mine are the ones relocated to 7 degrees. also right now I am obviously running the stock arms and my coils have a bow look to them, the Bronco rides like its on glass on the Hwy. Would this have any effect on steering?

Extended Radius Arms - blazinchuck - 11-20-2011

you might need less caster than 7 degree, most long arms have 4 degree caster built in them.

Extended Radius Arms - cam coffee - 11-20-2011

I am ordering the material tomorrow and will post pics! Thanks for all of the Ideas

Extended Radius Arms - cam coffee - 11-26-2011

OK, I got the arms finished up and went a totally different route than the DOM. I found a set of wishbone arms from a 41' ford sedan...I know it sounds like some backyard rigging but it actually turned out perfect. The arms from the 41' have a tapered shape and actually measure .210 wall thickness (pretty close to 1/4). I took the same approach as everyone recommended to cut the originals and notch the new ones. Turned out great and didn't spend a dime!

Extended Radius Arms - SC74 - 11-26-2011

Very nice... extra creative points too! What end are you going to use on the frame end?

I have it set up for a 3/4 rod end. I welded a threaded piece of 1 1/4 DOM in the ends of the arms, I thought it would give me more adjustment on the length. Can't wait to install them!

Extended Radius Arms - Timstrk - 11-26-2011

Is that a 3/4" bolt holding the place of your rod end? Rod ends are fine thread. Hope it works out.

Tim

Yeah, i try to put a bolt in place while fabing things up with a thread involved..kinda holds everything in place and keeps splatter out. And it is a 3/4 16 fine thread even though it looks bigger in the pictures, I am kinda nervous about the 3/4 but I think it should be fine.

Extended Radius Arms - Timstrk - 11-27-2011

Good plan and good re-use of available material. I do stuff like that.

Tim