The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Wheeling Events (https://cb4x4.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th (/thread-2987.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - nhopman - 12-02-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:Loaded down!

It looks like Clay is going as well.

Looking forward to it.

See you both there tomorrow morning.

Nick

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - broncosbybart - 12-03-2011

What a great day. Didn't start out so great though! Clay got a flat tire on his trailer about 1/2 of a mile from my house. I didn't have Nick's number to tell him we'd be late. Ended up taking about 20 minutes- guess we won't be hired for a nascar crew anytime soon...

Got to the URE outpost about 9:20 am and met up with Nick H. There were a ton of Yota's and Land Rovers there. Saw an early 70's camaro on a 4x4 chassis as well. Takes all kinds.

Trails had some mud puddles, but no sloppy mud and the clay was tacky. Perfect for traction in the clay but it did make some of the rocks and log 'bridges' slick. We ran just all the trails except for Sawmill (ie- the water bar trail).

Nick H lost a rear DS u-joint. He could hear is squeeking and knew it might go, and it did. He had a spare and we (he and Clay that is) replaced it right on the side of the trail. We were just passed Kodak rock when it happened. No carnage to report other than that. A fun day of trail running for sure! The new rig did great. I want to do a few things to it, but nothing too major. It was nice having heat!

Temps warmed up during the day quite nicely. The trails were VERY crowded, but we still managed to not have to wait too long anywhere. It seemed that most out there were new or had groups with inexperienced drivers. Which was great to see, but made for some slow going at a couple points. Of coure, I thought I brought my camera, but it is sitting here on my coffee table at the house.... There were some beautiful views with the leaves off the trees. The Daniel and Falls Dam trails were especially great.

We did pick up about 1/2 a bag of trash on Dutch John. We ran it both ways. It was in good shape and IMHO is one of the best trails out there!

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - nhopman - 12-04-2011

I'll agree with you. It was a great day there. With only three inthe group, we tend to move fairly quickly through the trails which lets us cover a bunch of ground. Heard the tell-tale squeek of the u-join so I actually ran in 4-WD more than usual to reduce the stress to the rear joint. Got through some climbs and up Kodak ended up doing something stupid to finally break it. It was a flat part of the trail, I put it in second and romped it, lasted about a half second then BAM! broke the caps and bent the straps, but at least it didn't destroy the yoke. It was an easy and quick fix.

Dutch John was still the cleanest trail out there, we got most of the trash on other trails.

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - NateMob - 12-07-2011

No pictures from this run?

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - broncosbybart - 12-09-2011

Sorry, no pics man. I forgot my camera at the house. Thought I had brought it with me, but I guess I didn't. I've noticed that as I'm getting older, I'm more forgetful and I have to pee more. Who knows what kind of shape I'll be in when I reach 40 like Chick, err, I mean Chuck :hysterical:

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - blazinchuck - 12-09-2011

respect your elders bish!:thefinger:

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - nhopman - 12-09-2011

Well,

Who's up for tomorrow at URE??

If no one wants posts up about going, then I'm going to bail as well. I got plenty to do around the house this weekend, but if someone still wants to meet up, I'll be there.

So post up if you are going, Nick

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - firefighter2134 - 12-09-2011

cant make it. oven went out last sunday.

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - broncosbybart - 12-09-2011

I'm not gonna make it either. Got plenty of work to do around here. If we have any interest, maybe a club ride at the Gulches in later Jan or Feb (depending on the weather, etc). Skip has been doing a theme weekend (Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, etc) where entry fees for those vehicles on whatever weekend is $10 or $15. If he continues that through the new year, maybe we could get down there on a Ford weekend???

URE Day Run Dec. 3 or 10th - NateMob - 12-09-2011

I would be up for this, i should have my new motor in and running by next weekend. So Jan. or Feb. would work good. I leave for BMT on March 13, wanna hit the trails before then.

Nate