The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Chop Top - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Chop Top (/thread-821.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Chop Top - cuz1 - 06-30-2008

cool sounding project. Stretch bronco sounds good.

Chop Top - krazybronco - 06-30-2008

i stretch b2 would look like an explorer with out the rear window that wraps a round the top

but i dont know if you have done alot of research on the 4.0 swap but the wiring is a nightmare if you get a 4.0 out of a 93 or later explorer and not all that easy for a 91-92 explorer if i were going to do a swap i would do a carberated 5.0 the hard part of the is fitting the 5.0 with out beating on the firewall

Chop Top - trkbilder - 07-01-2008

krazybronco Wrote:i stretch b2 would look like an explorer with out the rear window that wraps a round the top

but i dont know if you have done alot of research on the 4.0 swap but the wiring is a nightmare if you get a 4.0 out of a 93 or later explorer and not all that easy for a 91-92 explorer if i were going to do a swap i would do a carberated 5.0 the hard part of the is fitting the 5.0 with out beating on the firewall
I agree but if I can find a 91-92 explorer the harness is almost the same. May have to splice a few wires to get the donor computer to read properly. I definetly do not want to go to a "carbed" engine, prefer efi for my type of driving. As far as fitting the 302 in a B2, the simplest solution to the firewall problem is a 2"-3' body lift. the right side valve cover should clear the heater "bump" on the firewall. I am doing my homework.

Chop Top - cuz1 - 07-01-2008

trkbilder Wrote:I agree but if I can find a 91-92 explorer the harness is almost the same. May have to splice a few wires to get the donor computer to read properly. I definetly do not want to go to a "carbed" engine, prefer efi for my type of driving. As far as fitting the 302 in a B2, the simplest solution to the firewall problem is a 2"-3' body lift. the right side valve cover should clear the heater "bump" on the firewall. I am doing my homework.

Put the BII body on the explorer frame.

Chop Top - broncomatt - 07-01-2008

Many years ago I saw a write up in ford trucking mag about a BII that had done that. Looked realy cool, closest thing to a new eb.
Broncomatt

Chop Top - krazybronco - 07-02-2008

trkbilder Wrote:I agree but if I can find a 91-92 explorer the harness is almost the same. May have to splice a few wires to get the donor computer to read properly. I definetly do not want to go to a "carbed" engine, prefer efi for my type of driving. As far as fitting the 302 in a B2, the simplest solution to the firewall problem is a 2"-3' body lift. the right side valve cover should clear the heater "bump" on the firewall. I am doing my homework.

looks like you have done more homework than i have (really havnt looked all that much into the motor swap) but i could understand why you would want a fuelinjection. i was just thinking easy

i dont plan on trading my 2.9 for a while unless it goes BOOM then im going to a 5.0 but until that happens im not going to worry

Chop Top - trkbilder - 07-02-2008

That's the best thing to do, worrying never changed anything. The easiest way for the swap is to get rid of the 2.9 harness and install the 4.0 harness, means a lot less splicing and chasing down wires. I do appreciate your interest, thanks.

Chop Top - broncomania - 07-02-2008

when you gettin started ??????? sounds like a cool project.

Chop Top - trkbilder - 07-03-2008

broncomania Wrote:when you gettin started ??????? sounds like a cool project.
I'm trying to locate a donor exploder first. Then me, some tape, and a sawzall will go to work. Oh! I need to decide which of my B2's I'm going to cut up. My 88 is the first choice but "mama" wants to keep that one stock. My '89 is the best choice but I just can't cut that one, so that leaves my '87. Since I don't have a title for it, it would be strictly a trail rig or show rig. Still a lot of questions to answer before I start sawing!!

Chop Top - DeTowman - 07-03-2008

trkbilder Wrote:I'm trying to locate a donor exploder first. Then me, some tape, and a sawzall will go to work. Oh! I need to decide which of my B2's I'm going to cut up. My 88 is the first choice but "mama" wants to keep that one stock. My '89 is the best choice but I just can't cut that one, so that leaves my '87. Since I don't have a title for it, it would be strictly a trail rig or show rig. Still a lot of questions to answer before I start sawing!!

I know how to get a title Clint