The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
dont be recovered, recover your self - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: dont be recovered, recover your self (/thread-865.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

dont be recovered, recover your self - Mtrhd0024 - 04-28-2009

broncomatt Wrote:yes, I was a boy scout. :razz: I built my rig with the idea of taking it deep into the woods or desert and be self sufficent. I dont like the idea of buying a wheeler and taking off to the trails. You need to build your rig to know its weak links, how to fix it should it brake and what parts, tools, gear to carey. There a several examples of people who ventured out into secluded areas and died, even though they had the very things needed to save there own lives. But didnt know how to use them.
My moto's, be prepared, adapt, improvise, overcome!

Haha thought so, the Boy Scout motto of "be prepared" came to mind Confusedupergrin:

But yea this is definitly true, i've had plenty of cases where I've had to repair things with even just minor "trail wheeling", and having even just basic tools and supplies really saved my bacon! lol

dont be recovered, recover your self - trkbilder - 04-28-2009

You guys know that I don't go out on trails but I'm still prepared!! I've got triple A's number entered in my cell phone!! LOL :xyxthumbs:

dont be recovered, recover your self - sparkchaser - 04-28-2009

Even though I havent been on trails since I was a teenager,I find myself haulin alot of tools all the time.When your rig has as many miles as mine you learn to make room around the tool box.

dont be recovered, recover your self - supertoyota88 - 05-05-2009

i have started what i call my first aid box and its got water tools ropes gloves jumper cables tape a mini shovle a crow bar and a few other goodys and soon to have have a flash light i soon as i remeber what i did with it and few other things to be put in it like oil gear oil i know im missing sumthing but its a big box so now i just got to talk the wife in to letting me fill it up lol

dont be recovered, recover your self - trkbilder - 05-05-2009

sparkchaser Wrote:Even though I havent been on trails since I was a teenager,I find myself haulin alot of tools all the time.When your rig has as many miles as mine you learn to make room around the tool box.

My rig has 209,000 miles on it and still runs like a new one. Tools are a standard feature in any of my rides from my F-250 powerstroke to my golf cart!! :xyxthumbs:

dont be recovered, recover your self - broncomatt - 05-05-2009

Some times you need to be creative on what you keep in your rig. I dont like to carry extra fluids if I dont have too (fluids weigh too much). I dont carry gear oil, I carry 20w50 motor oil, its for my engine, but it will work in a diff, t-case long enough to get you home.
Atf for my tranny, which will also work for my ps. 5 gal tap water, for me and the truck.
Brake fluid, lets face it you have to have that.
While your putting together your kit, dont forget a first aid kit for people too.
I cheated, I got one from an xterra that went to the auction, but I added to it.
MRE's for two, a few flashlights and a blanket.

dont be recovered, recover your self - bucketobolts - 05-05-2009

broncomatt Wrote:Some times you need to be creative on what you keep in your rig. I dont like to carry extra fluids if I dont have too (fluids weigh too much). I dont carry gear oil, I carry 20w50 motor oil, its for my engine, but it will work in a diff, t-case long enough to get you home.
Atf for my tranny, which will also work for my ps. 5 gal tap water, for me and the truck.
Brake fluid, lets face it you have to have that.
While your putting together your kit, dont forget a first aid kit for people too.
I cheated, I got one from an xterra that went to the auction, but I added to it.
MRE's for two, a few flashlights and a blanket.

That is a great concept. Multipurpose is the whole idea behind the Bronco design. So why not carry this on with your tool kit.

dont be recovered, recover your self - Mtrhd0024 - 05-05-2009

trkbilder Wrote:My rig has 209,000 miles on it and still runs like a new one. Tools are a standard feature in any of my rides from my F-250 powerstroke to my golf cart!! :xyxthumbs:

Haha my Bronco II never leaves the driveway without tools in the back. As long as I can remember my grandpa has had a toolbox sitting in the back. That lil' toolbox, crammed with a few hand tools, has gotten us out of some tight situations! Even a few basic hand tools and some ingenuity can get you out of an awful lot!

Another multipurpose tip... Those heavy duty all-weather rubber floormats are great for sticking under your tires if you get stuck in minor circumstances. Its saved me a couple times, and most people want to have floor mats anyway! :biggthumpup:

dont be recovered, recover your self - supertoyota88 - 05-06-2009

yea since ive put together my box ive been the handly man at work for my stock crew and the ladys that work their its kinda funny but i get a joy out of being need for more then a key turn at work last night helped out a a buddy with a belt issue so he could get home from work then id be damn if on the way home helped a lady tow her car to the gas sation cuz she ran out of cuz about 2 weeks ago i didnt have any of this stuff now i feel like the bronco AAA lol now ive add a a small tire air compessor that in plug in the lighter outlet

dont be recovered, recover your self - trkbilder - 05-06-2009

You know, it just occurred to me that we could get some good PR out of this. Get some of the cards with the club name and logo on'em and give one to everybody you help out. What do you guys think?? :xyxthumbs: