The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 09-19-2011

...lets see...

saturday started with swapping 3rds from chuzies rig to mine. his had 3.50/lock rite, while in there we noticed one axle shaft bearing was bad. we replaced axle seals and bearings-that finished mine.

then began assembling mike's new 31 spline chromos(lugs/bearings) rebuild my old 3rd with a new yukon grizzly locker and 4.56 gears, also installed a nice diff guard from "purple cranium products"...that took us into sunday morning 2am.

sunday began round 1pm and started complete disassemble of d44. assembled new chromo shafts, new 4.56's, and diff guard from same company. all said...2am once again.

as usual we ran into some issues(ie. lock ring for axle bearing,thinker ears on shafts making ujoints hard to install safety clip,yada, yada,yada

...long azz weekend

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - dixieboyz13 - 09-19-2011

So today I was trying to mock up a winch bumper that has been laying in chucks backyard. I got it put in place, and started on drilling the holes to be able to bolt it to the frame. As I was doing this, my power went out on a beautiful sunny day(my power goes out if a leaf falls on the power line). I had to go from using my power drill to my cordless drill. Needless to say, the battery died before I could get it finished and my power still hasnt come back on. I am tempted to fire up the generator to finish..:beer:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-19-2011

Rear 31sp axle shafts, rear locker, rear gears, front gears, front chromos. two 2am days. ouch!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 09-19-2011

chuzie Wrote:Rear 31sp axle shafts, rear locker, rear gears, front gears, front chromos. two 2am days. ouch!

that is an understatement if i ever heard one:thefinger:

dont forget swap your old 3rd w/lockrite into mine and found bad pass side axle bearing...which led to new bearings and axle seals!!

also...you got new front/rear diff guards from purple cranium

...and for me

got my JB Fab stainless twin sticks in today, just installed them.:bangheadConfusedorry guys...could waitConfusedmokin:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - dixieboyz13 - 09-21-2011

Took off my flowmasters and delivered to chuck's house. Was hoping on starting prep work for body lift, or mounting soft doors (which arrived today), but been replacing windows in my house all day. Remind me to never take vacation time and stay at home again!!!!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 09-22-2011

dixieboyz13 Wrote:Took off my flowmasters and delivered to chuck's house. Was hoping on starting prep work for body lift, or mounting soft doors (which arrived today), but been replacing windows in my house all day. Remind me to never take vacation time and stay at home again!!!!

i got them installed last night, seems better...just need to clean mine up for you. thanks again!!!:xyxthumbs:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - dixieboyz13 - 09-22-2011

blazinchuck Wrote:i got them installed last night, seems better...just need to clean mine up for you. thanks again!!!:xyxthumbs:

Clean them up??? You have seen my rig. I think the dirt is what is holding it together. Well that and duct tape

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - dixieboyz13 - 09-27-2011

Started removing stuff today for my 2" body lift and new body mount bushings. So far I have gotten the steering column loose and the bracket drilled out as the instructions say to do. I have also removed battery tray and both of the front body bolts. Already have the feeling that this is going to be a long project...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - NateMob - 09-28-2011

Painted the grill and changed the oil.
[Image: photobucket-2279-1317238271521.jpg]

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - dixieboyz13 - 09-29-2011

All body bolts are now removed. (yeah, that sucked). Clutch rod is out, steering column is out, all the dissasembly is done for body mount bushings and 2"body lift to go in. Time to jack it up and get some blocks in it tomorrow morning. Ran into one other problem, the core support that attaches to the body bolt on the grill is broken so I guess I will be ordering one of those as well.