The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 11-10-2011

Tried to drive the 69 down to look for a job. Fuel pump quit about 10 miles from home. Walked 4.5 miles to get a fuel pump. The only one they had was for the 70 and up 6cyl. I thought it would fit, turns out the engines set up for vacume wipers have a diffrent cam and use a very diffrent fuel pump. I ended up brake off a bolt for the fuel pumpSad. We ended walking up the road to a store and calling a cab. Of course I then notice the auto parts store that was 1/4 a mile up the road from where I was:crying:
Ended up using pepe to tow it home, I also figured out pepe has a bearing going bad in the transfer case. So I guess I will rebuild my spare and swap it out. I had to weld a nut to the broken bold and walk it out so I can put the new fuel pump in.
I also learned (since this was the longest test drive I've had) the soft top isnt set up right. The door brackets are in the wrong spot and dont sit in the body corectly. The fuel guage is still inop, but I have fixed up my spare and will swap it out tommorow.
But I did find a job, start at the hyundai dealership. I went to be a tech but they realy wanted me to write service so I will try it for a while.
But first I need to fix up one of these broncos to drive.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 11-11-2011

Congrats, man! I guess showing up to be a wrench doesn't go over so well when you have to come via a CAB because your ride broke down!! Big Grin

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 11-11-2011

congrats on finding a job! Glad things are working out for ya'll.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 11-12-2011

Thanks, I got some time to work on it again today. Put the fuel pump on with a new filter. Definetly drives better. Pulled the cluster down and did a voltage check on the guages, All was what it should have been. So I grabed my spare and ran the leads over to it, it worked fine. So I pulled fuel guage off the cluster and swapped it out with my spare. I looked it over and found it was full of mud. Furthers my thoughts that this thing had been flooded once early in its life.
I also swapped out the turnsignal switch (the horn terminals had been broke off). Took some creative work to get the horn button to sit right but it works now.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 11-13-2011

Plan on swapping my coilovers out for standard coils today - need to reroute some brake lines and weld in the bottom retainers and upper towers.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - cam coffee - 11-13-2011

Its been 15 years since I've ran the hard doors and now I remember why. I knew the post had some rust and back then I didn't know how to weld, so I just installed some inserts and blocked the bad out of my head..........this week its turned into a new drivers side post, inner fender and a new rocker panel. Just got a new hinge repair kit to rebuild the old ones, hopefully it will go well!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 11-13-2011

Just put lower coils on the front, fabbed new towers for the rear coils, removed the coilovers, and have everything tacked in ready to be welded up!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 11-13-2011

sounds like you are moving right along on it!

didn't do anything to mine today- just wheeled it Big Grin

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 11-14-2011

Today? Not a damn thing!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 11-17-2011

yesterday...i found the PO installed the protofab rear bumper with four 3/8's bolts!! wow...im surprised the bumper stayed on after URE. changed them out for some 1/2 bolts! the whole bumper feels solid, no more squeaking and slop in the swing outs