The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Power Steering issues - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Power Steering issues (/thread-2789.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 06-09-2011

Thx Ben and Charles! I have a fella coming down from NC to buy the 5 aluminum rims I posted on Classic so I can use that money to buy the proper brackets, hose and v-groove pulley. I've dealt with one guy at Wild Horses and he may give me another deal if I buy all those items from them.

Power Steering issues - broncosbybart - 06-09-2011

sounds like a plan!

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 06-22-2011

Nick @ WHs came thru with a discount but man shipping has gotten high. I got the shiney, silver brackets with plenty of hardware today. The saginaw pump came yesterday. So here is my problem, I tried to mate the pump with the bracket and I can only get one hole to line up??? Do I need to modify the bracket a little (at the pencil point)? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 06-22-2011

Here are two pics of the front and rear of my saginaw pump. Yes I even dumbed it up for me with the colored pens/ pencils! I want to make sure which bolt will alow me to "clock" or rotate the PS pump. I really want to make sure I do not ruin this pump!

Power Steering issues - blazinchuck - 06-23-2011

i dont believe you can clock that pump, thos bolts go through that housing and into the pump. i could be wrong, but i dont see how that will work. as for the bracket...yes, modify it. you look like you have a lil different style pump housing...vs the ole can ham look. will the pump and bracket not fit under the hood as they sit now? why clock it?

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 06-23-2011

blazinchuck Wrote:i dont believe you can clock that pump, thos bolts go through that housing and into the pump. i could be wrong, but i dont see how that will work. as for the bracket...yes, modify it. you look like you have a lil different style pump housing...vs the ole can ham look. will the pump and bracket not fit under the hood as they sit now? why clock it?

Hey Chuck, I spoke with the fella that rebuilt my pump and he said my pump has a bigger reservoir b/c of the dual return. He said "most" single returns fit this particular bracket. No big deal I can mill out a slot next week. I have not installed it on the motor yet but it should fit well below the hood. I read on a Colorado Bronco website where a guy clocked/ rotated his but it must have been a single return. I don't even know how much truth it is to clocking a single return, only so much faith you can get from some people's threads! Confusedcratchhe:

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 06-23-2011

By next week I hope my WH PS Saginaw bracket will look like BC's PS Saginaw bracket. Notice the notch, hmmmmmm.

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 07-02-2011

I finished "modifying" the PS bracket. I fitted all up and works well on the bench. It appears I took out more than I needed to but oh well. I made a sleeve that goes b/ the 7/16ths rod/ screw and the 1/2" hole, works very well. All I need to do now ismake some spacers.

Power Steering issues - Crawdad - 07-22-2011

Today is my day off so I installed the pulley on the pump. Wasn't too bad with the right tools. Next bolted the bracket to the pump. With a lil bit of time and sweat I was able to bolt all the brackets up. The PS pulley and crank pulley lined up good, just gotta get a smaller v-belt.

Power Steering issues - firefighter2134 - 07-22-2011

so when do we get to see this beast on the road? Or TRAIL?? Great progress keep it up