The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: JP's New Front Bumper!!!! (/thread-968.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - 744x4 - 08-24-2008

The angled piece is 1/4 in plate so if you damage it you will probally break your back from the impact of the hit.
Yes we have the patterns to make more so it is covered.

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - SC74 - 08-24-2008

JP also has a 3" BL but wanted to keep the bumper low for other reasons. We could make one for a 1 or 2 inch body lift also by modifying the channel that slides into the frame horns. I've got some pics of it done and primed I'll upload later.

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - jollygrngiant - 08-24-2008

Looking good Robert!! Got some good skills! Can't wait to see it on JP's rig with the winch he just got!!:popc1:

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - Ogeechee 4x4 - 08-24-2008

jollygrngiant Wrote:Looking good Robert!! Got some good skills! Can't wait to see it on JP's rig with the winch he just got!!:popc1:

:imwithstupid:that's going to look great :biggthumpup:

Here are some pics from today ... capped the end tubes, added the lower brace tubes, and did some filling/grinding on the very front where the winch plate ties to the 1/4" steel plate. It's primed and waiting on JP to get it this Thursday.

Note... I went a little crazy with the flap disc on the top trying to clean it up and the primer makes that stand out. Some flat black paint or Rustoleum "Hammer" paint will hopefully hide it.

[Image: th_DSC00637.jpg]

[Image: th_DSC00638.jpg]

[Image: th_DSC00639.jpg]

[Image: th_DSC00640-1.jpg]

[Image: th_DSC00641.jpg]

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - DeTowman - 08-24-2008

Looks Good.....where do u put the pin 4 the hitch or is it just a 2x2 box.

DeTowman Wrote:Looks Good.....where do u put the pin 4 the hitch or is it just a 2x2 box.

There's room to reach behind the bumper to get the hitch pin in. That's how mine is and I like it because 1. it keeps it from sticking out and killing the approach angle and 2. less likely for someone to steal the receiver shackle.

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - broncomania - 08-24-2008

looks good.

JP's New Front Bumper!!!! - johnpaulgolf - 08-24-2008

I am so ready...been working on getting my old "bumper" off...I am a cheap bastich and had to use what I got and some muscle...pulling on the bumper and cutting with some small disc and a battery powered drill...

[Image: th_bumper013.jpg]
[Image: th_bumper009.jpg]
[Image: th_bumper008.jpg]
[Image: th_bumper007.jpg]
[Image: th_bumper006.jpg]
[Image: th_bumper005.jpg]
[Image: th_bumper001.jpg]

Git-r-done! Looks like you got it off and didn't damage the ears too bad either. It may take a little work with a pry bar to stretch the ears if it doesn't slide in, but nothing you can't handle.