The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Irmo73 - 12-13-2011

Crawdad Wrote:I will be going to Goodyear to have them do an alignment and tune my carb but the guy who gave the quote no longer works there. The guy was gonna do the tuning for little next to nothing but since I didn't have a written quote they are wanting to charge me more for the tuning. Is your guy a local backyard mechanic or works for a shop?

Brian works for Dallas Ebel's Garage on Kinley Road in Irmo (just past the Cracker Barrel). Small place but they do alot of restorations. After he put in my edelbrock, he said he was probably going to get one for his mustang.

If they see you driving up in a bronco, they will know who referred you, lol!
Of course, I havent even driven mine with the new carb/manifold setup so I will have to let you know how it goes. I know they are about to start on a '65 mustang major restoration soon.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 12-13-2011

carbs now days are pretty sweet, straight out the box.

Irmo, we need some more pics of that bronco...you got some great stuff!! im so jealous over that gauge!!! good looking rig fo SHO!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 12-13-2011

Welcome aboard! I love that new speedo unit. Looks great!

Didn't wrench on a Bronco per se, but did go to the pull-a-part and got an Explorer serpentine unit. My elbow still hurts from when the breaker bar slipped while trying to remove the fan... The PAP is getting a little too proud of their stuff.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 12-13-2011

blazinchuck Wrote:carbs now days are pretty sweet, straight out the box.

I was told it will be good straight out off box too. But it smells sorta rich and I don't wanna ruin anything below it. And two I think the electric choke is not set up right. I got the vaccume guage and all but still would rather have a pro look into it. Besides I may learn a few pointers. I think the wife got me a tach for xmas so that may help out some.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 12-15-2011

Got my 5th stock wheel mounted to the last tire last night. Should be getting the tire carrier assembly back from powdercoat next week.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - 69bronco - 12-18-2011

So Wednesday I left work about 3 hours early sick :puke:. On the way home the front u joint bolts on the rear shaft broke as I was leaving a stoplight :evilSadno I was not getting on it) I was in the middle lane of a three lane road at a busy intersection. No straps or anything to hold it up so I limp to a spot about 50 yards away in my now front wheel drive Bronco a banging and clangin away.

Walk over to Big O to see if they have some heavy wire to hold it up... nope.

Lucky I carry some tools, so I pulled the shaft and in the process burned the sh** out of my arm on the mufflers ( dem sum biches get hot no blister just melted my sh** :crying: gonna be a nice scar)

So I got some Brute Force joints and started putting them in today after work had to stop when it got to dark to see. It's a PITA without a garage or vice.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 12-23-2011

continuing on with more brake plumbing.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 12-23-2011

Found out I had a stopped up fuel filter (on the side of a rual highway). Since I run one on the carb and one before the pump I just took it out to get home. I picked up one with a changeable fiilter and stuck a brass bypass peice in my tool bag.
I also found I had a cracked pvc hose so I replaced that.
Even covered in gas after work, I still love driving my bronco every day!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - josephitguy - 12-23-2011

Wednesday I got in the Filler Neck hose from LMC, put it in that night and thought I had the vent hose put in correctly. In 86 the vent hose is inside the main filler. Found out that I didn't, Thursday when it took about 20 minutes to put in 24 gallons, the pump stopped at $74 :banghead: Almost full. Confusedcratchhe:
No one in Charleston carries filler neck hoses. Napa has a corrugated hose but it is $35, so remember if you need one to order it so you won't be waiting on it like me.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 12-24-2011

Well he wasn't the UPS man, OB1 Kinobi or Santa Claus, but he's the next best thing! It was good to finally meet Ben today. He came on by to see my bronco and chat for a while since he was in the area for the holidays. Thx for coming on by NGA!

After Ben left Iinstalled my new powdercoated tire assembly. Went on well for the exception of the lower inside bracket. Will need some persuasion to work.