The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 08-11-2012

not sure how much it costs to ship glass, or how much JBG sells it for, but I usually get glass from a local glass shop. $100 cash per piece usually gets it, and they bring it to my door. You might try calling a few local smaller shops around you.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 08-28-2012

Lately I seem to be fixing the same thing over and over again. To make it worse its my own fault. A few weeks ago I got gas just before my cousin came up to visit, I was planning on taking him out for rip in Pe'pe. Well about 15 min into the tour of the ocala forest it quits on me! Keep in mind I had pulled all my spares and most tools out of the bag when I was driving it since I parked the roadster.
So I switched ignition boxes, nothing. Pulled the fuel line off the carb and had him crank it over. No fuel, ok check the filter. No large amounts of anything in it. Pulled the line off and blew back into the tank. All Ok. I ended up putting it together with out the fuel filter and it ran fine. Got it home, cleaned out some gas that was at the bottom of the tank. We drove it the next weekend with out any problems(oh I did get gas at walmart this time insted of the citco).
So, this weekend we took it out again and got gas at the same station I had the first time and guess what it happened again. My filter blocks sediment and water and it was clogging up. I put a spare filter in and got it home. Drained off some gas and put in an additive. Realy mad at my self for getting gas there again. I did also find a vacume cap that had split so its all back to gether and has the full soft top on ready for Isaac,
which never came.
Maybe this weekend I can actuly take it out and enjoy it for a while!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 08-29-2012

Got the new Champion 3 core installed last night. The install went very smooth - did have to do a little trimming and used the Duff 4 core mounts, but otherwise it was a direct swap. I also added a shroud so we'll see if that helps keep the temps down. I still need to add coolant (tonight) and let it run.

While the radiator was out and I had easy access, I replaced the bottom idler pulley on the exploder serpentine that had been whining. After removing it and feeling the bearing I'm surprised it hadn't come apart yet.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-01-2012

Been wanting to say this for YEARS!!!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-don't believe me? ask Clay. he can vouch for me. :beer:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 09-03-2012

broncosbybart Wrote:Been wanting to say this for YEARS!!!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-don't believe me? ask Clay. he can vouch for me. :beer:

The truth even fixed the mysterious fuel pimp problem

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 09-03-2012

Got the passenger seat in and a good bit of the welding done

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 09-03-2012

Does cleaning the garage count???

I did mount a tool box in the crawler and some other loose ends on it.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Bronco Biff - 09-03-2012

Fixed my hard starting when hot issue.....thought I was going to have to replace the starter and was dreading getting the old slip together wrap around the starter Hedman headers off that had been on there for 20 years. I was going to start by cleanig up the battery cables to see what that would get me and pulled the one off the starter and found that the insulating bushing on the cable lug had split and it was grounding out on the starter housing. A $.52 pack of nylon washers from the hardware store fixed me right up!! Now the old starter spins the 289 very strong when hot.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 09-04-2012

Topped off the trans fluid after 2 1/2 hours of wheeling in the forest! Other than running low on atf the only other problem was my cb antena getting in the way.
I think its time I found a better one.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 10-20-2012

Project 'mellow yellow' has begun. Big thanks to clay for help removing the hard top, doors, and hood. I'd post pics but this new uploader and I aren't friends