The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 03-18-2011

Crawdad Wrote:Give me hints how you lifted up the tranny bc Nick and I will be doing the same to his EB once he has finished painting it! That thing was like 150 lbs dead wt!

i folded the windshield down and then i pulled winch line over roll cage and run strap through the hole in the tunnel and pulled it up into place. used a floor jack to keep it level while it was slid into place. i lifted tranny and tcase combo too lazy to split them lol. i have a prerunner front bumper so the upper bar kept the rope from hitting the hood and causing any damage there. sorry pics are kinda dark was taken with camera phone.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 03-18-2011

so i had to tweak the crossmember some. guess that is the difference in 2 vehicles over 40 yrs old..not a major issue got the cross member to fit like butter had to notch where the stock radius arms are about 1/4 inch outta the plate where it bolts to frame. now just to attach tranny to crossmember there is about 1/4 inch height difference. maybe have to loosen engine mounts up and raise whole thing slightly..brain starting to hurt..on to power steering this weekend..hooray!! getting close to m&g!! ill be ready

crossmember solved..rewelding tomorrow.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 03-19-2011

cross member rewelded and installed. front drive shaft in. waiting on second set of arms to help with exhaust. shifters in. all that is left on tranny swap is making new tunnel cover and rear driveshaft!! just glad its going all back together..
update: rear driveshaft only thing left....now on to power steering..

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 03-20-2011

well changed pinion yoke and pinion yoke seal on rear. got working measurement and gonna take driveshaft tomorrow to get it shortened and rebalanced. power steering started: got box in and bolted, tie rod reconnected. got to order a u joint for the ps box. manual steering and power steering boxes the shafts are different sizes. then on to install pump and brackets. shouldnt be long now.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 03-21-2011

good job Asiel!!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 03-21-2011

worked on the brake lines on the crawler... really spent more time between parts stores trying to find the right fittings but did get the rear plumbed and parts lined up for the front.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 03-21-2011

good news robert. ya gonna have it ready for the november run at ure?

i also just dropped off driveshaft at carolina powertrain to get it shortened. and ordered u joint for steering shaft. so hopefully this evening i can get pump and brackets installed on engine. then its a waiting game lol

well just got a wrench thrown into the program...had to order new driveshaft. they told me that the old one needed rebuilt and was gonna charge me 214 plus tax to rebuild and shorten it. so i called carolina driveline and got a brand new one for 240 ish shipped to me.. the old one had dents and dings and all. so im no brain surgeon but i would rather have a new one verses an old one for the same price..anyday

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 03-21-2011

It'll be complete all but gears and lockers. I'll be playing with it around the farm some until I can afford the gears/lockers. I'm sure there will be some bugs to work out like bumpstops etc in the mean time.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 03-22-2011

been doing more fab work to the race rig. getting sick of fab work. fortunately there should only be a few more days of it before i can finally do some assembly....

SC74, you bringing that thing to Carpenters? i'd love to see it in person.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 03-22-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:SC74, you bringing that thing to Carpenters? i'd love to see it in person.

Probably not... planned on bringing the blue '74. Next year for sure though. Hopefully you'll see it on the trail before next year though.