The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
306 EFI build - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: 306 EFI build (/thread-3031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

306 EFI build - blazinchuck - 12-30-2011

also, when i 1st did my efi swap...i had to lose my schrader valve. so a while back...i found a tbird with the fuel connectors and pressure valve on the pass side like what i have.

any problems if i go with this for this 306? is it better or worst than the mustang HO fuel rail?

injectors:

the guy that i got the gt40 intake from gave me 2 sets of 19lb injectors. doesnt look like any of them have been rebuilt, but there was a bcbroncos with what looks like the upper/lower o-rings for injectors(can anyone confirm this)

should i do anything with these injectors? pop test? rebuild? or use what im using right now with the 5.0?

and in one of the pics...you can see a small crack in the line. this is the front cross-over fuel rail line. it looks like a grey protective jacket...yall think this is ok? i dont see any damage under it at all. thanks again guys

306 EFI build - broncosbybart - 12-30-2011

yeah, a 97 would have had the non-P heads. Balancer would be the 3 bolt type. I have robbed one off of a 97 before.

Not sure if you've gone to the 90 degree thermostat housing yet. You'll need it.

You did a good job cleaning that engine up. Keep it up and I'll send a few your way Big Grin

ayone got thoughts on the intake hitting the valve cover?? i dont want to buy a spacer.

i want to cut or remove that pressed in 90 and maybe thread it for a plug??? never tried to pull one of these out

306 EFI build - broncosbybart - 12-30-2011

heck, i think it wouldn't be hard at all to remove the fitting and tap it. I'd use a pipe thread on it. While you are at it, I'd tap the lower intake (for the EGR port) and plug it off, like I did on my build thread.

broncosbybart Wrote:heck, i think it wouldn't be hard at all to remove the fitting and tap it. I'd use a pipe thread on it. While you are at it, I'd tap the lower intake (for the EGR port) and plug it off, like I did on my build thread.

can you show me what youre talking bout? thx

306 EFI build - SC74 - 12-30-2011

Yes, those are the injector o-rings. I would soak the injectors in some sea foam for a night and then do a pop test on them.

306 EFI build - bucketobolts - 12-31-2011

If you need to upgrade I have several sets of 24 lbs injectors I can swap for something.

The fuel rails look like they should work. I don't think you need to up grade them to billet logs...yet:bdent:

The Trick Flow set up works very well with fuel injection. Their stuff even allows for further mods down the road if needed. If I remember correctly, the engine Carl W. ran in his Bronco had a TFS head/cam combo...

[YOUTUBE]0SDUFp7kqK4&list[/YOUTUBE]

Can't get the flippin' link to embedSad

i edited it Aaron...its kinda a pain

306 EFI build - chuzie - 12-31-2011

I believe that stuff is cast aluminum so keep in mind if you screw it up you will be going to the junk yard for a replacement

broncosbybart Wrote:yeah, a 97 would have had the non-P heads. Balancer would be the 3 bolt type. I have robbed one off of a 97 before.

Not sure if you've gone to the 90 degree thermostat housing yet. You'll need it.

You did a good job cleaning that engine up. Keep it up and I'll send a few your way Big Grin

The years of the non-P head was 96-97.5 so some of the 97 will have the dreaded P heads.

blazinchuck Wrote:also, when i 1st did my efi swap...i had to lose my schrader valve. so a while back...i found a tbird with the fuel connectors and pressure valve on the pass side like what i have.

any problems if i go with this for this 306? is it better or worst than the mustang HO fuel rail?

[COLOR="Red"]Should be no difference in fuel rails until you start dealing with the Cobra stuff. The fuel press reg will be different.
[/COLOR]
injectors:

the guy that i got the gt40 intake from gave me 2 sets of 19lb injectors. doesnt look like any of them have been rebuilt, but there was a bcbroncos with what looks like the upper/lower o-rings for injectors(can anyone confirm this)

o-rings should be cheap from the parts house... i think.

should i do anything with these injectors? pop test? rebuild? or use what im using right now with the 5.0?

go with what you have for now. 19lb is stock for these motors. I would test/ clean for spares though. plenty of good write-ups for that.

and in one of the pics...you can see a small crack in the line. this is the front cross-over fuel rail line. it looks like a grey protective jacket...yall think this is ok? i dont see any damage under it at all. thanks again guys Do a pressure test with the air on it and see if it leaks. if so, you can cut it off and replace it with high pressure efi hose and efi clamps.