The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Wheeling Events (https://cb4x4.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: 8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 (/thread-3337.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - jac77 - 10-02-2013

Well this sucks!!
Keep us updated Chuck.
What is the Worst case scenario?

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - chuzie - 10-03-2013

Worst case is we camp elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-S3 using Tapatalk 2 on CyanogenMod

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - chuzie - 10-03-2013

There should be more activity regarding the Nov Run.

I moved a conversation we were having about the government shutdown and its effect on the Nov Run to this thread. See posts above.

I am still confident we will not have this issue come the end of October but I really want to come up with a plan. My expectation was that they would have passed a CR to, at the very least, fund the national parks as this has always been done in the past. The fact it has not yet been done is forcing me to expect the worst and plan accordingly.

We need someone from the area (Nick, Bart, Clay) to chime in here and provide some feedback regarding our options. I know you guys are the experts.

Is there any private camping area around Arrowhead / Outpost?
Who feels their decision to attend will be affected by a lack of bathroom / electrical facilities?
I wonder if we can rent a port-a-jon for the weekend and set it across from the Outpost, have some folks bring generators, and find a creative solution for potable water.

Primitive camping on the trails is an option, but I think it is not the ideal situation for most of you.

I swear someone told me there was a privately owned plot of land within the forest, accessible via of the forest roads, that led to some type of retreat. Is there any truth to that? If so, I wonder if it can be an option.

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - nhopman - 10-04-2013

Don't know what to tell you. I really don't think that the shutdown will last that long either.

I did a quick search for camping in the area and came up with this

http://www.4bfarm.net/index.html

looks like they are more interested in horse people, but they may be able to put up with some 4WD Broncos for a weekend. They are located on Mullinax Rd. (road we take from the Outpost to get to Arrowhead campground.

Amenities:
Equestrian Camping in the Uwharrie National Forest

43 stalls, 34 corrals, 2 round pens
53 electric sites, many primitive sites
heated bath house

On site store with tack, sundries, ice, and dipped ice-cream

Church services Sumday AM 8:30.
Coffee and light breakfast foods before church

Please call for reservations. (336) 461-farm (3276)

Other options:

Camp on the trails. I'm not really enthusiastic about camping on the trails, but it could be done.

We may be able to talk to Scott Fields or the new owner of the stable property (across the street from the Outpost) to see if we could set up an area to camp in. It would probably be primitive (no electric, showers or bath house, hopefully at least a portable shit house, but I wouldn't count on it. Everyone bring their own bucket :bdent:

I say we keep the plans as is and give it til the end of October before we start panicking and scrambling for an alternative if it looks like the shutdown will continue through the event.

Nick

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - chuzie - 10-04-2013

Well done. Thx nick. Those sites are $15/night. Great location too. I will call and determine availability just in case.

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - broncosbybart - 10-04-2013

Scott might open the UROTC if need be. I know he is doing that for the CNC ride this weekend. I agree on playing it by ear. I don't think we will have an issue with finding somewhere to stay

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - snipes243 - 10-05-2013

There is a private camp site somewhere down by the river, but all I know is its where the mud devils party and camp at. It is accessed by the forest roads.

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - chuzie - 10-06-2013

I have no doubt we can find somewhere to stay. It is more a matter of a place that has the amenities that i believe many of the attendees want.

Let's not plan to fail by failing to plan.

Clay, do you know anyone from that group that you can contact and make some preliminary inquiries about that site?

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - blazinchuck - 10-07-2013

need some help keeping the thread alive on classic...bart's the only one responded, so it keep getting covered up

8TH Annual NOVRUN@URE '13 - Bronco Biff - 10-10-2013

Hit up classic. Hey, does anybody got a clue for a good secure spot to leave the Bronco Hauler and '73 down there until the 9th or 10th?