The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Wheeling Events (https://cb4x4.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: 2009 MEB Bronco Shootout (/thread-980.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - rtj731 - 04-15-2009

Site #40 stop by if Momma doesn't want to ride your more than welcome. Will arrive on Thursday.
Jay

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - rtj731 - 04-16-2009

nhopman Wrote:I'm guessing that there are going to be approx. 10 rigs so far and about 15-20 people. I'll get a box of burgers (30 I think) and a couple of packs of dogs for the cookout on Saturday. Hopefully it will be enough.

Sounds like the trails weren't groomed as much as in past years. So the obstacles should still be there.

I should get to Arrowhead around noon on Thursday. I'm going to hit the easy trails just to check them out Thurs. afternoon. If anyone else can make it, I'd like to hit the harder stuff Thurs. as well, but don't want to do it alone.

As long as we have another guide or 2, I think I'll be leading a moderate group Friday and Sat. All I rode in November was Daniel (4 times) and Rocky Mt. Loop (5 or 6 times) I need to see some other trails this trip Confusedupergrin: I'll probably hit the hard stuff during a night ride.

See ya there, Nick

Nick,
I'm hoping to arrive before noon on Thursday, if so I'll hit a few of the trails with you.
Jay

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - nhopman - 04-20-2009

Just 4 days and counting :chili::chili:

Jay, Sounds good, might be able to run them all that afternoon.

I have heard talk about the easy line up Daniel having trees on it and it is not drivable, we'll have to take one of the harder lines up the hill. Wonder if they just fell over and haven't been cleared yet, or if they are trying to close that route? Other than that sounds like the trails are in good shape.

Looks like we'll have rain early this week then clear and sunny throughout the weekend, and not too hot. It's going to be dusty there, the trails aren't usually too bad for dust, but the roads are terrible, but for those who like to play in the mud, you should be able to find some.

Been reading on the local boards and there are a couple of large groups there this weekend. There's an isuzu group with around 40 rigs and the Central NC group with about 50 rigs - it should still be a fun time.

Don't forget to stop at the Outpost and get your passes. We'll leave out from the campground around 8:00~8:30 and meet at the double parking lot off of Dutch John Rd. around 8:30~9:00 to take a few pics and decide on trail groups and trails.

See ya there.

Nick

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - blazinchuck - 04-20-2009

I heard Daniel and Kodak have trees across the old by passes. was told there were a few short wheel base truck/jeeps that slide off the side and wrecked. so they laid the trees across, their thinking is...if you can get pass the ledges(1 @ daniel+ 1@ kodak) you should be able to make your way up either of those 2 trails...and really... you should. That came from Janet

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - Errorhead - 04-20-2009

Please take pictures and videos.

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - Mill Knob - 04-20-2009

Errorhead Wrote:Please take pictures and videos.

I second that. I will not be able to make it.:crying:

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - SC74 - 04-20-2009

We'll be pulling in mid-day Friday. Look forward to seeing ya'll there!

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - nhopman - 04-20-2009

blazinchuck Wrote:I heard Daniel and Kodak have trees across the old by passes. was told there were a few short wheel base truck/jeeps that slide off the side and wrecked. so they laid the trees across, their thinking is...if you can get pass the ledges(1 @ daniel+ 1@ kodak) you should be able to make your way up either of those 2 trails...and really... you should. That came from Janet

Hadn't heard about the trees across Kodak, thanks for the heads up. Sounds like the right thing to do, although it was fun going down the easy side of Daniel to go back up again. I'll talk to Janet before going out to see if there is anything else to avoid.

I'll try to take pics, but its hard to remember to get the camera out when you're driving.

Nick

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - broncomania - 04-20-2009

im probably not gonna make it again this year.

2009 MEB Bronco Shootout - snipes243 - 04-20-2009

blazinchuck Wrote:I heard Daniel and Kodak have trees across the old by passes. was told there were a few short wheel base truck/jeeps that slide off the side and wrecked. so they laid the trees across, their thinking is...if you can get pass the ledges(1 @ daniel+ 1@ kodak) you should be able to make your way up either of those 2 trails...and really... you should. That came from Janet

I was up on Kodak last Friday and didn't see any trees across the bypasses.