The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - BucknEB - 03-19-2013

I didn't wrench today but I was able to sneak back into town for the weekend and got a couple things done. On Saturday I went over to Chuck's and did a quick oil change, the first one since the 5.0 swap. Then on Sunday Chuck and I pulled the front hubs apart repacked the wheel bearings and found the lock nuts inside the hubs were finger tight on both sides. The new tires were rotated also. I was able to take it back out Sunday night for a drive and the front end vibration has calmed down a lot, it's not completely gone but its way better. We even quieted a couple rattles as a bonus. This was my absolute short list of things I needed to do before the M&G trip as I will probably not be back in Charleston until April 12th. I'm looking forward to the M&G and another couple days at URE. Thanks for the help Chuck!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 09-05-2013

Said no to re-galvanizing my frame, gonna cost me another $75 to do. Spoke with my powder coated and he said he can easily fix what's wrong without having to do another acid dip. He's planning to fix the bad spots and the PC over the galv coating. The inside of frame will stay shiny silver since its in perfect shape compared to the outside.

My son got his second bronco today, already he needs to replace the rear bumper on the orange one. Wonder if Duff Broncos is listening?!!!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 09-06-2013

What happened to your frame Matt?

Sent using my HTC ONE via Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 09-06-2013

I was told that the acid dip process would remove every contaminant. So I didn't waste too much time on it other than adding overlapping welds and a brace. They took the frame and then came back saying they left in the acid bath longer to help remove the dirt and grime that has built up over the last 35 yrs or so. Well when I looked at it in person it looked like a painted boat trailer that's been sitting in a marina on Johns Island for 30 yrs! Well, the galv coating doesn't stick to weld slag, thick paint or undercoating. They said initially I should have had it sandblasted before handing it over to them. Where ever there was a contaminant there is a cancer spot (zinc oxidation buildup) that looks like rust and then you have blotches where the galv wouldn't stick such as heavy grime and paint (see pic). So now instead of buying $100 in KBS paint I'm gonna spend $250 to have it sandblasted and powder coated. Chris (owner of Stuyck Co) will spot blast the cancer spots as well as many of the other uncoated spots. I will pressure wash the spots that has flaking which is leftover paint and grime that sandblast won't get off, plus I got to remove galv drips. Chris will not remove all the galv on the outside, if its good then its staying. Once he feels all is good he will lightly sandblast with shells to prepare the galv surface for the Powder coat. All I gotta do is decide which color and finish. The inside of frame looks awesome, it's all silver white and you can see far in there unlike before. The KBS system would require a lot of labor and man hours, plus the $100 to buy. For $250 someone else does a majority of the work and I get PC over a galv coating which I didn't think you could do to begin with. I'm so ready to move on to the next step!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncomatt - 09-08-2013

I haven't wrenched on my bronco in 3 months, rebuilt a tcase for a guy down here but that's all the bronco work I have done. But I did buy 2 new bronco toys to add to my collection. Well hopefully I will start back on the tear down soon.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-08-2013

Good to hear from you, Matt!

I just cleaned a few things off the Bronco. That's it. We did spend a day at Badin lake on Sat. Havent been out there as much as I'd like. Nearby is a base that they fly those big 4 prop transport planes out of. I waved at the few we saw in case it might have been chuzie.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 09-08-2013

I think the chassis will turn out great, Crawdad!!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 09-08-2013

I haven't done a damn thing in months. URE is approaching fast and she is not ready for the trip from Florida. Only thing i have accomplished is my led backup lights in bumper.

[Image: etequdub.jpg]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-S3 using Tapatalk 2 on CyanogenMod

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jac77 - 09-09-2013

Sweet!! Chuzie, ok Chuck add it to the list! Haha just kidding! Looks good

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jollygrngiant - 09-09-2013

Haven't wrenxhed muxh lately, but this past friday, I drove Green Giant to work. Doors off and top down. End of the day approaches and go to crank it and and nothing happens. Hooked up the jumper cables and immediately my taurus fan cuts on. Guess the relay cut my fan on at some point in the day and drained my battery. Jumped it off after letting it c harge for 20 minutes. Drove home and hooked up the battery charger. Took a day and a half to get a full charge! Nnedless to say I have to replace that relay.

Sent from my Galaxy S3