The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
New Ride 86 Full Size - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: New Ride 86 Full Size (/thread-1763.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

New Ride 86 Full Size - jollygrngiant - 01-23-2011

What else do you need for the SAS?

New Ride 86 Full Size - josephitguy - 01-24-2011

jollygrngiant Wrote:What else do you need for the SAS?

A transmission with Second Gear! Confusedcratchhe:
Just a couple of brackets for the drag-link and support the engine cross-member that has to be cut. First I have to get the tranny working right, this thing is kicking my a$$. :banghead:
More updates to come. :popc1:

New Ride 86 Full Size - chuzie - 01-24-2011

what is going on with the C6?

New Ride 86 Full Size - josephitguy - 01-24-2011

It didnt have 2nd gear from the start and after a few miles the governor got gummed up and lost 3rd gear. Pulled the governor out yesterday and filtered the fluid. It already had metal and gunk in the pan, I had flushed the cooler, but maybe the break in of the clutches caused this? Didnt take the Valve Body back apart to clean it but I am going to swap a clean one out in the next couple of days. All air checks are working when I removed the valve body, even the 2nd gear servo. Then when draining the [SIZE="4"]new[/SIZE] torque converter found out the drain plug is stripped, had to put it back in but is could be leaking, had a bunch of fluid in the bell-housing from draining it but not sure, going to have to re-tap and install a new plug also, but just screwed it back in to see if the governor fixed the shifting issues.
So how much is a CARTA bus pass anyway? :banghead:
I am so frustrated with this whole truck. If I can get it shifting good I may just sell it and get a 79 Bronco to replace it. No SAS needed on that! :xyxthumbs:

New Ride 86 Full Size - jollygrngiant - 01-26-2011

josephitguy Wrote:I am so frustrated with this whole truck. If I can get it shifting good I may just sell it and get a 79 Bronco to replace it. No SAS needed on that! :xyxthumbs:

I like the way you think!!:beer:

New Ride 86 Full Size - josephitguy - 01-28-2011

Cleaned up another Valve Body and put it in tonight. The trans has 2nd gear finally, shifts exactly like it should. Needs a shift kit b/c it is a little to soft for me, but WOT it goes through the gears just fine. Damn, now I have to give Eddie back his Cummins, maybe I wont tell him. Finally this thing is one the road. The turning radius between this and the crewcab is night and day. Drove around N Chuck for a couple of hours and felt like the back end was sliding around, real twitchy too, I'll get used to it! Dont really have a choice, do I?

New Ride 86 Full Size - blazinchuck - 01-28-2011

glad to hear ya got the tranny fixed Joseph!

Thx Chuck!
Drove it to work, the Assistant Admin for the County moved the cement barrier for the Crewcab to fit into the parking space I always use. The Bronco only takes up 3/4 of the space, guess I gotta move it back!

New Ride 86 Full Size - jollygrngiant - 01-28-2011

Well now that its operating, you gonna drive it to chucks party?

Well, not planning on walking, its my only ride. Confusedcratchhe: :hysterical: