The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Irmo73's Build - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Irmo73's Build (/thread-3017.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Irmo73's Build - broncosbybart - 01-06-2012

Those threads look shot.

Death wobble is (usually) caused by worn bushings in the track bar or related hardware. Right now I am working on a 74. The lower bolt (the one with the 1-1/8" castle nut on it) was loose. From the factory it is welded to the axle housing. That weld had broken and the bolt had a lot of movement to it. I discovered it while taking the track bar off to replace bushings in it. Check the upper mount as well for any movement or broken welds.

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-06-2012

broncosbybart Wrote:Those threads look shot.

Death wobble is (usually) caused by worn bushings in the track bar or related hardware. Right now I am working on a 74. The lower bolt (the one with the 1-1/8" castle nut on it) was loose. From the factory it is welded to the axle housing. That weld had broken and the bolt had a lot of movement to it. I discovered it while taking the track bar off to replace bushings in it. Check the upper mount as well for any movement or broken welds.

thanks!!

definitely going to check the track bar, bushings, and bolts
pretty sure the track bar and bushings are fairly new though

funny how this happened after new front discs and a little more air in the tires
looks like the radius arms are shot
i guess im lucky that we were already looking at the front end for the regearing

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-09-2012

Irmo73 Wrote:thanks!!

definitely going to check the track bar, bushings, and bolts
pretty sure the track bar and bushings are fairly new though

funny how this happened after new front discs and a little more air in the tires
looks like the radius arms are shot
i guess im lucky that we were already looking at the front end for the regearing

got the WHs radius arms coming this week
they seem perfect for a mainly street rig

Irmo73's Build - blazinchuck - 01-09-2012

are they extended? i had a set of their older boxed arm/extended style...they were awesome on road and off. i recommend their "degree frame mount arm bushings" is ya plan to offroad at all...they allow the front to work great and droop

blazinchuck Wrote:are they extended? i had a set of their older boxed arm/extended style...they were awesome on road and off. i recommend their "degree frame mount arm bushings" is ya plan to offroad at all...they allow the front to work great and droop

theyre modified from stock to fit lifted vehicles and apparently great all-purpose arms
but i dont think that makes them extended, does it?
im not really planning on offroading much, so mainly street setup

got a link to the arms?

blazinchuck Wrote:got a link to the arms?

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Extreme_Radius_Arms_Brackets/Bronco_Radius_Arms

whatdya think?

the info on the site says theyre 12" longer than stock
so that makes them extended, right?

yep...longer. which is a great thing IMO. you may want to call them and ask what lift bushing you should run on those arms. im sure they have some caster built into them(most arms do) those will look sweet!!! are you sending your arms back to them for the core? ya gonna have the same guy install them or do this work yourself?

Irmo73's Build - Crawdad - 01-09-2012

I have a set of arms you can send in place of yours. Just give me yours when you have the new ones installed. That way you wont loose any road time. These came off my 73, nothing wrong w/ them. I was thinking of powndercoating them, just haven't done it yet.