The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+---- Forum: Build Threads (https://cb4x4.com/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: My 76 LUBR Build in SC (/thread-2942.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 12-01-2011

Got my wheels mocked up on my bronco. I need to get the correct lugnuts all around, plus I need a bushing for my front shock (crubled up). If I ever did it again I probably just the extra and have them painted, powder coat goes on very thick and makes balancing tires very difficult. One tire would not balance, so wobbly from the thick clearcoat on the backside. I guess that one will be the spare. I like the look on my bronco, just wish I had some spare cash to get new fenders all around. Lots of space in my cut fenders but its all good. Once I get the tire rack and front bumper on things will start to look better. Next Friday I will work on getting the alighnment done.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Mill Knob - 12-01-2011

If you are looking for some lug nuts that look like the OEM I found mine at NAPA.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 12-09-2011

Mill Knob Wrote:If you are looking for some lug nuts that look like the OEM I found mine at NAPA.

Got some lugnuts lastweek from Napa. Got tires on and drove around the block. All seems good except I need new rubber bushing for front shock. Better steering and get up and go.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 02-13-2012

Two weeks ago I dropped off the ole girl to Dallas Ebel's Auto Care in Irmo, SC. I wanted three things done, 1. adjust/ tune carb, 2. align the front and 3. fix loose wheel studs. Carb didn't take long, maybe two hours plus parts. The alignment can't get done since steering box being too loose, but did center the axle and made adjustments to track bar. The wheel studs were loose, in fact too loose bc when I took her off trailor one of the wheel studs fell behind and locked up b/ wheel and/ or rotor. Glad that I trailored her and not drive the ole girl to Irmo. Apparently the hub holes were "wallowed" out. Instead of getting a new hub to have pressed onto the old rotor I decided to get the whole assembly to save time. Advance was around $200 too expensive. Auto Zone had one for $160 but failed to deliver product at all after four days, long story. But I found BC had an entire assembled unit for $114 plus shipping so I bought that. Took three days and fits well. So after two weeks at the shop I was able to get her halfway home. The gas pedal is a lil stiff and tranny shifts a lil hard but did well on city roads. I even outraced a Chrystler Pacifica for a lane position! Don't think the driver liked it but what is he gonna do, drive me off the road?!! None-the-less he had to smell fumes for about a mile for some road construction.

Dallas did tell me some things that need fixing on my EB. One of those is the two engine plugs on rear of engine, they are dripping coolant. Second thing needing fixing is replacing my steering stabilizer. A third thing that needs addressing is the oil leak at rear of intake manifold!!!! Arghhhhhhhh.... just installed that dang thing too. The last thing was fixing my steering box, lots of play and therefor is the reason he couldn't do the alignment, hey thats what he said. I checked into West Texas Off Road and they can do the box (1972 Ford F-100 PS box I might add) for $140 plus shipping back home. So far its driveable, steering has always been like that and I can live with it till I get back in late summer. The leaks I will have to keep an eye on so nothing goes too low. I hope to bring her to the M&G in March with my dad.

Here is a pic of the ole girl at the bar after leaving Dallas'! Reminds me of taking my son to Dr's for shots and then immediately taking him to McD's for french fries!!

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - blazinchuck - 02-14-2012

i guess he addressed the front shocks?

sorry we missed ya last week. it was a family day at the zoo, so we broke away just long enough to meet Gopi and boogy home

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 02-14-2012

blazinchuck Wrote:i guess he addressed the front shocks?

Yeah he charged me around $60 to replace and install 3 shock bushings, YIKES!Confusedcratchhe: I thought that was a lil steep considering I was under the impression that he needed to replace one bushing that was missing. But he did give me information on leak locations and whats wrong with the gas gauge. The never ending battle of fixing an old classic Ford!:banghead:

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 03-01-2012

I figured I needed to update this build thread considering what I purchased today. I purchased a 72 tub with matching glove box door and frame. And thats it! The more andmore I looked at my tub the more I didn't want to remove and replace very good 1/4s and frt fenders. The inside floors need attention but not enuff to warrant getting $700 in floor boards and then $500-600 in new 1/4s and front fenders. Its funny how I posted "Wanted: EB tub with matching numbers on title" and in just two days two tubs popped up. Ithought this would take months! Heck I found a guy in SC with a tub and three halfcab tops! His tub was cut up. This guy has several broncos and lots of parts too. But anyways, the tub I got today is in decent shape to be an uncut. The inside has been patched w/ flat metal. I will need to do a better job on the floors so some of the patchwork will come out. There is rust in the seams so this will be a work in progress after I get back from my deployment. The frame is in decent shape too. PO welded extended radius arms and one rad arm is bent, good thing I have an extra set. The axles all have 4.11s with drums all around. I have a spare Tcase and C4, plus a hood. Everything else I will need to pick up as I go. For now its in storage and will be till I get back. Here are some pics!

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - SC74 - 03-01-2012

congrats on the score! Do you know when you get back from deployment and will be able to work on it?

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - Crawdad - 03-01-2012

SC74 Wrote:congrats on the score! Do you know when you get back from deployment and will be able to work on it?

Can't really say when I will be back. But what I do know is I will miss all the high gas prices and heat! But I will be back before kick off! I do plan on going to M&G on the 31st.

I want to get the entire tub (hood, doors, fenders & tailgate) finished before transferring it over to the 76 frame. Though I might clean and paint that frame while I'm at it.

My 76 LUBR Build in SC - BucknEB - 03-02-2012

Congratulations Crawdad!

Psssshhh!

Did you hear that?

I think it was the sound of the proverbial "Can O' Worms" of a full resto-mod Luber.Confusedupergrin:

Good luck over there in the sand box and thanks for your service.:xyxthumbs: