The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Irmo73's Build - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Irmo73's Build (/thread-3017.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-09-2012

lol, i dont have the skillset to put all this hardware in myself
im learning as i go
but between me and boys at Dallas Ebels garage, i think we are moving in the right direction
ive really educated myself in the last 3 months
i actually have had my bronco for 6 years and until last year, didnt have any major issues (probably a result of luck and a great PO)
then, the rear end started going crazy and i realized i either had to sell or get pro-active and make it run right

So I even test drove a new jeep (hated it) and decided to drive my bronco up to Nickstrix to see what they could do with it (loved it)
in the end though, i decided to find someone local who knew what they were doing and i could learn a thing or two from
Theyre really close to my house so I can stop by and see what theyre doing with their rebuilds anytime

Crawdad Wrote:I have a set of arms you can send in place of yours. Just give me yours when you have the new ones installed. That way you wont loose any road time. These came off my 73, nothing wrong w/ them. I was thinking of powndercoating them, just haven't done it yet.

thanks but no need:

theyve already shipped my new ones to dallas, he just has to send back my old ones in the same box
also gonna re-gear and install the posi and the hydroboost (and rear discs) at the same time

this is stage II of the rebuildSmile

i will post pics

Irmo73's Build - blazinchuck - 01-09-2012

wow, you have been going all out these past few months. thats awesome, atleast you have a good garage ya like and can stop in to learn some too. BTW, the avatar looks nice

what ratio ya going, i might have missed?

thanks!!
4.11 gears trutrac 31 spline hopefully all in soon
currently on 33" mud tires but likely going to 35 ATs

stage III will be the body tear down, rechrome the bumpers (maybe powdercoat black), new soft top, repaint, liner, new carpet, new seats

but they may be down the road a bit...Id like to drive it around awhile before i make any of those final decisions.

Irmo73's Build - Crawdad - 01-09-2012

I know a guy down by the stadium that does good work on powder coating, very reasonable.

Crawdad Wrote:I know a guy down by the stadium that does good work on powder coating, very reasonable.

I might need his contact info one of these days

Still havent decided whether to go with a chrome/aluminum look with the bumpers and wheels and body chrome

or

black bumpers and wheels
(already have purchased a rampage black diamond top with tinted windows)

I kind of like the beachy/summery look of the shiny metal but black seems to be the thing to do these days

Irmo73's Build - BucknEB - 01-10-2012

Irmo73 Wrote:I might need his contact info one of these days

Still havent decided whether to go with a chrome/aluminum look with the bumpers and wheels and body chrome

or

black bumpers and wheels
(already have purchased a rampage black diamond top with tinted windows)

I kind of like the beachy/summery look of the shiny metal but black seems to be the thing to do these days

WOW! :rubeyes: Your Bronco is getting some great upgrades on the quick.

If you haven't decided yet on the Chrome/Black options yet you should consider the Billet Aluminum accessories from Nick's Tricks. He sells to most of the Bronco vendors. It can get expensive but the billet look is the new look these days.:popc1:

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-10-2012

BucknEB Wrote:WOW! :rubeyes: Your Bronco is getting some great upgrades on the quick.

If you haven't decided yet on the Chrome/Black options yet you should consider the Billet Aluminum accessories from Nick's Tricks. He sells to most of the Bronco vendors. It can get expensive but the billet look is the new look these days.:popc1:

I already have their dash saver and steering column bezel
may use some more of their stuff when we eventually redo the doors

Nicks has great products...i went up and checked out his place this past fall

Irmo73's Build - broncosbybart - 01-10-2012

Keep us posted what you decide for trim options. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-10-2012

thanks for all the help guys!!
i will post pics as things develop

cant wait to drive her with the new brakes, gears, posi, etc.