The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
306 EFI build - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: 306 EFI build (/thread-3031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

306 EFI build - blazinchuck - 01-03-2012

SC74 Wrote:You will have to trim for the TFI - or at least I did.

Also, when you set the motor in be careful of that bottom outside pulley on the pass. side. It is just a hair from hitting the cross-member.

yep, i read about both of those issues. dont wanna grind anything til i have the distributor in hand. as for the lower pulley, i hope ill be ok...im running monster motor mounts(they should be taller than stock)

306 EFI build - chuzie - 01-03-2012

Go with the explorer clutch fan and fab a good shroud. No sense in getting stranded with a part you cant replace or being forced to make an emergency replacement with something expensive you dont really want anyway.

how well does it cool yours? mine it a lil different tho...i think you have the plastic right? i have a stock shroud, that should work ok??

i dont think anyone cares on classic...seems that thread isnt getting any love

im wondering alos...if the fuel lines are gonna interfere with the new 4G alt

306 EFI build - SC74 - 01-03-2012

I have the explorer plastic fan also. I think some were metal though. Either way they move a TON of air. I agree with Chuzie!

Stock shroud will work - that's what I'm running too.

I am also running monster motor mounts and mine does not rub, but it is very close. The reason I mentioned that mainly is so that when you drop the motor in be especially careful not to let it bind there when you are getting it lined up. Too much weight on it may break the aluminum bracket. It's that close.

will do! thanks for the heads up

306 EFI build - broncosbybart - 01-04-2012

what fuel lines are you running? explorer lines will work fine with the intake and front dress. if you are running mutang lines, i can't say. i really like the way the explorer rails route.

the explorer fan pulls a ton of air. my griffin rad is only 22x24 (smaller than a stock EB rad). never come close to overheating, even at the 100 degree spartanburg race. i'm not running a shroud either, never got around to fabbing one up... the fan sits about 2" away from the rad. works great!

306 EFI build - blazinchuck - 01-06-2012

ok, well...got up today to run a few errands and had a vibration round 30-35mph. just what i thought! a dang u-joint. so, i had to fix that before starting on the motor again.

installed the new injectors and t-bird fuel rail...everything looks good so far. doesnt look like there will be any interference with the pressure side fuel line and the alternator.

i slipped the distributor in place to see how much of the bracket needs to be clearanced. how have you guys had to remove??

also, one other problem i found. when i got this gt40 intake(it didnt come with any bolts) so i pulled some bolts the last time i was lkq. the bolts came from a 97 explorer(so you would think they were perfect) however, i found the bolts are tightening down before the intake is??? its not by much, and i threw a washer under the head of the bolt, but the name plate wont bolt up right because the bolt heads sit up just a hair.%)

here are a few pics

306 EFI build - SC74 - 01-06-2012

I think the way my TFI is clocked with timing is so that I only had to cut the triangle support out - not near as much as you have marked. Motor is looking great! Nice and clean.

306 EFI build - blazinchuck - 01-06-2012

so just clock the distr...around another tooth or so, then the tfi plug is clear and reroute the plug wires? thanks