The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Earthguy - 03-02-2014

Also found out (much to my dismay) that the original color was spring time yellow, not holly green. Now I have to really contemplate what color it'll be. I like most of the greens, but the wife is a fan of the browns (which I also like). Let the waffling begin.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 03-03-2014

Quick tip- the wife always wins.

Now where's the pics? Sounds like you got a good bit done

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-03-2014

Earthguy Wrote:It was yesterday, but Nick (SCBronco) came over with a buddy to help me start my tear down. We got the top braced and off (it's pretty rusty). We also got the body squared(ish) and supported. We got a lot farther than I thought we would, but not as far as Nick was hoping. I have just a few little things to weld up and disconnect and that body is coming off that frame!

I'm always a lil ambitious with this sort of stuff... LOL Despit the decay, the Body is very close to square. less than a 1/4 inch of difference between each door opening's measurements. it does appear that the passenger side front door post is sagging straight down about an inch, but i feel like this is something that should be addressed on the ground once the body is removed. While a rotisserie would make body work and tub squaring really easy, i think the concrete floor in Earthguy's barn is level enough to do the work there. some tub reinforcement and she will be on her way to the straight and narrow!

As for color, i say go with what you both like, especially if you ahve already decided to abort the factory yellow. there is a green in the bronco color chips that is a little more olive than most, that could be beautifully accented by a subdued brown, i.e.-brown hardtop and body stripes with green primary color.

I fell in love with the ride hieght of josh's bronco while working on it, i didnt have to jump to crawl in and out of it! i think once he is all finished up he's gonna be real happy with the stock susp on a 2" BL and 33's . I'm getting as excited about his project as he is i think!

On my own nopte, i checked/set the timing on the old girl today... it was spot on, no adjustment necessary. SO now that i know the timing is right, i'm gonna play around with the timing vacuum source, and idle/idle AFR to see if i can improve the idle consistency. once that is done, i'm gonna savean economy tune and see what kind of mileage i can get out of her.

Also, i've decided i'm in the market for a new camshaft. the more i mess with the EFI, the more i am convinced that the cam in her now is fairly hot in terms of duration. it sounds mean with the drag car lope, but i think that is the root of my idle issues, and the rich smell of the exhaust. wife wants it not to stink, and i agree... found a summit brand offroad cam with lifters for $115. any thoughts on the summit brand camshafts?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 03-03-2014

Washed mine, Put a new set of plugs in the bronco. Drove it a around starts up great idles great at 850 with an A/F at 13.8. Going to play around with giving it more timing this week. Has a little hick up at 1100 rpm when shifting, Im thinking the worn out clutch is to blame here. The decel is problem now.

snipes243 Wrote:Washed mine, Put a new set of plugs in the bronco. Drove it a around starts up great idles great at 850 with an A/F at 13.8. Going to play around with giving it more timing this week. Has a little hick up at 1100 rpm when shifting, Im thinking the worn out clutch is to blame here. The decel is problem now.

What kinda problem on decel? Mine accels and decals very well, but the idle is a lil I consistent. My idle aft is at 12.9 tho. Maybe I'm too rich and it's loading up?

Mine will accel like no tomorrow with no issues, I'm thinking the problem with the decel is the system is not taking fuel away quick enough. which is causing it to pop in the exhaust. I will data log it tonight or tomorrow and find out. As for the air fuel 13.8 seems to be the best, I found if I run too lean I can't keep the engine temps down. At 13.8 the truck will idle at just under 180. It took me a good 2 weeks of messing around and talking to people to get the truck to start and idle right.

Mine says not to exceed 13.8 afr at idle. So I'm thinking that is even a lil on the lean side. I've noticed most edelbrock stuff errs to the rich side tho. Mine idle hunts from 500 to 1100 despite being set at 700. When it does stable use it's usually around 800. I'd like that to be much more consistent with no more than +\- 75-100 rpm variance at idle. I'm gonna mess with it tonight and see what I can do.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 03-03-2014

Popping can also be caused by a vac leak or bad O2 readings.

Sent from my GS3 on CyanogenMod with tapatalk2

scbronco Wrote:Mine says not to exceed 13.8 afr at idle. So I'm thinking that is even a lil on the lean side. I've noticed most edelbrock stuff errs to the rich side tho. Mine idle hunts from 500 to 1100 despite being set at 700. When it does stable use it's usually around 800. I'd like that to be much more consistent with no more than +\- 75-100 rpm variance at idle. I'm gonna mess with it tonight and see what I can do.
I had a similar problem with the idle being high then ecu trying to fix it soI had to adjust the throttle plates in the throttle body to fix the issue and re calibrate the tps. I found that even 1/8 turn could make a world of difference. Also does your system have a IAC. To control the idle speed and different temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk